Author Topic: Expect too much ?  (Read 6627 times)

Hunter

Re: Expect too much ?
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2015, 11:58:17 AM »
It is not too much.  I call my lady every day and we talk for two hours.  She lives 2.5 hours away so we only get to see each other every other weekend.  But we are looking at her moving this summer to live with me and Jaydee :-)  When I know she is having a bad day I try to do something a little extra special. 

But dont get down on the guy, some of us just get wrapped up in our thing and lose track sometimes...now if it becomes a habit, well.....

Baylee627

• Widowed on 3/13/14
    • dawiddahood
Re: Expect too much ?
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2015, 06:39:58 PM »
Your expectation was not outlandish or unattainable. If what you were hoping for was a text or call to check on you after a rough grief session, then that's just hoping for basic mindfulness. You have been dating for seven months or so, after all.

DH was exemplary in most ways, but he wasn't the most sensitive man. I didn't try to change that aspect of him because that's just who he was; he wasn't out to hurt me.

But, what I did do is tell him from the start that I'm the type who appreciates a call (plus texts, when he was able) every day. Sure, I'd have loved him to have intuited that on his own, but, I figured, why wait to see if he would have or not?

He simply said, "Oh, ok," and to his merit, he called me nightly. I don't think you should be demanding, but just being straightforward about what you like, I believe, benefits you both.

Baylee

Though lovers be lost, love shall not, and death shall have no dominion--Dylan Thomas