Author Topic: A very strange and funny date..  (Read 1794 times)

ladybug

A very strange and funny date..
« on: January 05, 2016, 03:47:21 AM »
It is okay to laugh about this.....believe me I have laughed about it too.....when i got home....not on the date.

This very nice man from work asked me to go out with him on New Year's Eve.   I was very happy about that and said yes.   Well here is what happened on the date.

We went to his place.  He does not have any heat...he is too cheap to put the heat on.....he has money.  He made us a very cold salad for supper with a glass of water.

He then said lets watch a movie I picked up for us.  The movie was OUT OF AFRICA.  He got it from the library.   It is a very old and  beyond boring movie.

There we were in his living room, with no heat.   He was on the floor in a blanket and I was sitting on the sofa.

When the movie was finally over, he said thank you for coming over.   Then he took me home.   I was home by 10 o'clock.

He asked me what I would have been doing if he didn't ask me out for New Years.   I said I would have watched TV.  He then said .....well you didn't have much options anyway.   How  nuts is that....I am laughing about it now....but it was not funny at the time.

Just wanted to share a very funny and very cold date.   Thanks,

BrokenHeart2

• Widowed 2013
Re: A very strange and funny date..
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 05:04:06 AM »
OMG. What else is there to say? 
I don't want it to be his legacy that his death destroyed me.
I need to honour his life by rebuilding my life.

Trying

• aka MissingmyTim
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 05:32:51 AM »
Glad you can laugh about it now!  Gee, I wonder why he's still single?
You will forever be my always.

Virgo

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 06:29:53 AM »
You should have said "I would have watched an entertaining movie in the comfort of my warm, cozy house." I don't see a second date in his future.
Jen

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

AndysWife

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 06:49:25 AM »
Oh dear... he's a party animal.. wonder what he does on a second date lol
A.B.D.  26/01/1969 - 08/08/2011

missingm

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 06:56:32 AM »
Hi Ladybug - sounds like one of those "Is this really my life"? moments -- the no heat would have sent me packing before the cold salad was served!  thanks for sharing. Wishing you much better dates in 2016!
I love you more.

Bunny

• widowed 2012
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 08:57:46 AM »
Ummmm....wow. You really should get some kinda prize for this one- I'm almost jealous you have such a bizarrely awesome bad date story to share forevermore. Almost, not quite.

Thanks for the laugh!
It is a fearful thing to love what Death can touch.

Forgottenwife

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 11:32:12 AM »
Wow. Ladybug you can only trade up from here. I've dated a lot and this is the worst date story ever! I don't know if I would feel insulted or sympathy that this man has no clue at all and clearly zero social skills. At least you didn't waste your entire New Year's! Home by 10 sounds wonderful.

Captains wife

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2016, 08:57:44 PM »
Thanks for sharing. How odd.... Maybe time to move on :)