Author Topic: Member account & forum questions ( Moderater help)  (Read 1007 times)

Torn

• "This Guy"
Member account & forum questions ( Moderater help)
« on: January 19, 2016, 10:53:26 AM »
Hello Group ;)
  I had befriended a member here & suddenly "their" account name appears white in color if viewed any of their past post.
   Also I tried to reply to a private message,from this member & the forum interface wouldn't allow..

Could a moderator, please help me understand,what's happened?
  I appreciate the help & apologize if I posted in the wrong area.

ToRn
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Oscar Levant

Torn

• "This Guy"
Re: Member account & forum questions ( Moderater help)
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 11:05:07 AM »
I wanted to mention the screen name also says guest under the user name.

In an effort to add details as to why I assume something happened to their account.
      I searched for a area to post regarding forum issues & was unsure where was ok

Oscar Levant

WifeLess

• Global Moderator
  • Widowed: August 2009 Remarried: June 2013
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 12:02:52 PM »
Torn,

At first I wasn't sure what you meant when you said their username was in white. But then I realized you meant in the original Widda color scheme that has a black background. I long ago changed mine to a more conventional color scheme as described here:

http://widda.org/index.php/topic,55.0.html

But more to your point, guest means their account was deleted. That's about all I know. Perhaps Jess or Justin can tell you more.

--- WifeLess

Jess

• Administrator
  • AKA Jezzy
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 01:21:28 PM »
Hi Torn,

Wifeless is correct. Members are allowed to delete their own accounts. When this happens, their posts remain but it shows them as a guest. General Discussion is a fine place to post these kinds of questions, but also don't be shy about PMing any of the moderators or admins. We're here to help. :)

On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good. - Unknown

Don't be concerned about being disloyal to your pain by being joyous. - Hazrat Inayat Khan

Joe: 1979- 7/2014

Torn

• "This Guy"
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 05:13:45 PM »
Thanks everyone I wanted to know their ok is all,but I guess if they voluntarily deleted the own account,I suppose they're ok.
    I had feared the worse which is my nature to do these days thanks again

Oscar Levant