Author Topic: Sexy Widowed Saturday Night!  (Read 75427 times)

twin_mom

Re: Sexy Widowed Saturday Night!
« Reply #405 on: January 20, 2018, 09:17:08 PM »
Another exciting Saturday night here.... decided to stream The Last Song with daughter, but I didn't know the dad dies! She took it better than me, though she went right up to bed when it was over - but she's also my kid that said one night this week "its 8:05! I can finally go to bed and not be a loser" hm? Two days before that she went to bed at 7:30?! Oh to be 14 again.
Anyways, after that good cry I'm not sure if I should go to bed or watch a bang-em-up,shoot-em-up movie.

rifatheroffour

• Widowed 1-13-13 joined YWBB 6-10-13 Loc: RI
« Reply #406 on: January 27, 2018, 07:42:33 PM »
It's Saturday night, my house is empty of all the kids tonight. I have been puttering around ticking off little projects most of the day.  I should now do some database cleanup for work...WOOHOO! I'm going to skip watching anything because it will completely distract me. I'm already distracted here...lol.

Anyway, just wanted to "stop by" and say hello to everyone.
Those we love don't go away, they walk beside us everyday.
Unseen, unheard, but always near, still loved, still missed and very dear.

Julester3

« Reply #407 on: January 27, 2018, 07:46:59 PM »
Sewing cushions tonight! So exciting!

CJF

« Reply #408 on: January 27, 2018, 09:34:00 PM »
Just watched horrible bosses 2, laughed a bit and now going to bed!!!

BrokenHeart2

• Widowed 2013
« Reply #409 on: January 27, 2018, 10:18:09 PM »
Today was my 5th birthday without DH and finally felt it was more than bearable and for that I am truly grateful.  Wow I had no idea it would take this long but it did.
I met a beautiful 12 yr old today who is the daughter of my stepsons girlfriend.  For my birthday she drew me a beautiful red cardinal.  I almost cried when I saw it but did not want to upset her so I refrained and was so happy to get it from her.  She had no idea of the significance of the red cardinal which kind of overwhelmed me at the same time.
Life is getting better.
I don't want it to be his legacy that his death destroyed me.
I need to honour his life by rebuilding my life.

RyanAmysMom

• Seek joy.
« Reply #410 on: February 03, 2018, 09:14:00 PM »
It's my 22nd wedding anniversary.....  3rd anniversary without my sweet hubby.  Woke up with a migraine, slept part of the day, cried the rest.  I know people keep saying it gets better..... but I'm really not doing better today than I was a year ago...... 

rifatheroffour

« Reply #411 on: February 03, 2018, 11:40:52 PM »
RAM,  I'm sorry you don't feel like its getting any better. Your day today of course would be a tough one to feel better on. I also had 19 years married with her and am heading toward what should have been our 25th anniversary this April.  I'm 5 years out and I was also not feeling much better a couple years ago and still today there are moments and days that are tough...but those days do get further and further apart. Everyone's experience is still different despite our similarities.

Hoping you can have a peaceful night and better tomorrow. 

rifatheroffour

« Reply #412 on: February 03, 2018, 11:47:34 PM »
I originally thought my Saturday night was going to be alone with the cat.  My youngest son decided to stay home tonight so we made dinner together and watched a couple movies.  In between I was able to share some nice texting again with someone special tonight.  All in all not a bad Saturday night!

Toosoon2.0

« Reply #413 on: February 17, 2018, 05:59:03 PM »
It's that time of the week!  We've got four inches (insert inappropriate joke here) already in PA.  Fire lit, soup on and bread in oven, wine poured, some sort of not very sexy PBS watching on deck....what's everyone else up to?  Stay warm (and off the roads) if you're in the NE snow belt tonight! 
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 06:02:12 PM by Toosoon2.0 »

Julester3

« Reply #414 on: February 17, 2018, 06:33:11 PM »
More snow in IL too! Still recovering from a wicked bought of cold-cough I've been dealing with for over a week so laying low, beef stew is on the stove simmering, and we are watching a Harry Potter marathon. I check into the Olympics now and then too.