Author Topic: Sexy Widowed Saturday Night!  (Read 67260 times)

JeanGenie

• Widowed 4-22-2013
    • Personal Blog
Re: Sexy Widowed Saturday Night!
« Reply #120 on: June 27, 2015, 07:26:34 PM »
Yes, it is Saturday night.  I'm sorry you're having a miserable day.  Unfortunately, I don't think my exciting day/evening is going to do much for you.  I spent the day working in the yard weeding, planting, etc., then I've spent the afternoon and until just now, cleaning out and painting the pantry closet in the kitchen and in the dining room.  I'm just totally exhausted so I'm stopping for the night even though I'm not done.  My hair is a mess and I've got paint all over me.  Not quite a sexy sight!  Going to hit the shower and then try to figure out something simple for dinner.  Will probably crash in front of the TV watching the latest Hallmark movie.
I miss how happy I was with you.

Virgo

« Reply #121 on: June 27, 2015, 08:05:11 PM »
No exciting plans here either. Our relatives flew out Thursday, so I've been catching up on laundry and cleaning. I pretty much let it all go for a week while they were visiting. I had plans to start a painting project, but I haven't really been motivated today. I had an emotionally stressful day yesterday.
Jen

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

Guaruj

« Reply #122 on: June 27, 2015, 08:14:15 PM »
It's a quiet night for me. I just got off the phone with my mother-in-law. I'm going out to dinner with her and my sister-in-law one week from tonight (July 4), which is the 1-year anniversary of Catherine's death.  We're going to a Chinese restaurant and hoping to avoid all the holiday celebrations.

I'm sitting here with a small glass of bourbon and a tall glass of lemonade. I'm wearing - believe it or not - my long-sleeve Tommy Bahama pajamas.  It's a cool evening and I don't want to turn the heat on.

|+|  M a r k  |+|

Captains wife

« Reply #123 on: June 27, 2015, 08:43:02 PM »
I was having a down day and kicked myself in the butt to go to a wine tasting party in town. Once there however I realized I couldn't keep up with the fake smile and chit chatting and the flirting. So I left early and now sitting at Shake Shack with French fries and a glass of red wine...alone.

biscuit

« Reply #124 on: June 27, 2015, 08:51:07 PM »
Yea that describes basically all of my weekend nights, not being to keep up with this fake I'm okay persona. So tonight, in fact, I'm at a party, and have separated myself in the corner and have logged on to widda.org because making conversation just takes too much energy, and people just don't get how hard this is

Trying

• aka MissingmyTim
« Reply #125 on: June 27, 2015, 09:34:38 PM »
A rainy dreary Saturday night after a stressful week and a graduation party I barely faked polite conversation through.  Now it's been 2 hours of crying and temper tantrums for me.  If anyone finds a total basket case sexy, I'm your woman!
You will forever be my always.

SoVerySad

« Reply #126 on: June 27, 2015, 10:51:43 PM »
Hugs to all of you having a tough day/evening. I'm in good company at least. Since my wrist is healing, I'm back to trying to finish packing up our house. It is so emotionally hard for me, but it must be done. I feel sick every time I drive there. I'm undoing things T did - simple things like taking down the quilt hanger he put up for me. More painful than most would understand. But I'm making some progress at least. Not a fun way to spend my Saturday evening, but now I'm home and resting. Hoping to get settled down enough to sleep.
Without you, Baby, I'm not me.

MissingSquish

• widowed 5/20/12
« Reply #127 on: July 04, 2015, 09:16:49 PM »
Hey guys, how's the Saturday night treating you?  Sorry to check in a bit late. Watching a marathon of RuPaul's Drag Race. 

Squish hated when I watched this show (and any other reality show). But I think it's a very positive and tongue and cheek parody of reality shows.
Gone but not forgotten.....my Squish.

Miss you forever baby girl, my Pru!

SoVerySad

« Reply #128 on: July 04, 2015, 09:33:03 PM »
Hi MS! Made it through our 3rd July 4th without T. Thankfully the fireworks were rescheduled due to weather, so I got a brief reprieve. Fireworks without T just don't feel the same. We had T's parents over for an indoor picnic, which was nice. Right now I'm thinking about the red-velvet cake I passed on earlier and trying to avoid a trip down to the kitchen. Hopefully sleep will take over instead. I could use the rest. (May be hard with all the neighbors' fireworks still going off).

Hugs...
Without you, Baby, I'm not me.

lcoxwell

« Reply #129 on: July 04, 2015, 10:02:45 PM »
New Guy and I are at the local high school near his house, listening to an outdoor concert and waiting on the fireworks to start in a bit. This is the high school, where I will start my new teaching position next month. He's been teasing me that I better enjoy my last year of anonymity, before everyone starts recognizing me as one of the teachers.
"The highest tribute to the dead is not grief but gratitude." - Thornton Wilder

Thank you, my dearest Kenneth, for loving me and for giving me the best 13 years of my life.

Virgo

« Reply #130 on: July 04, 2015, 10:44:13 PM »
My daughters and I were invited to see a fireworks show next Saturday, so we've just been cleaning and organizing. Our basement flooded yesterday, so we've been sorting through all of the wet stuff. I had professionals come to extract the water and I filed a claim with my insurance. The dehumidifiers and fans will be here until at least Monday. Then the real reorganizing will start. We're just doing what we can now. What a mess! At least our basement will be organized though I suppose. Fun Saturday night!
Jen

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

Jen

• Global Moderator
  • Jim: 7 April 1974-10 April 2014
« Reply #131 on: July 05, 2015, 01:59:20 PM »
My family all went to an all-day holiday picnic/swimming/fireworks extravaganza out in the country-- I was invited, but I had to work. That was fine; I didn't feel like being social anyway. I got a small pizza from a local bistro and ate it while watching Captain America: The First Avenger on cable. I ended up curled in a fetal position on the couch, telling myself over and over, "I'm fine by myself, I don't care, I don't need anyone." Meant to come here and post about it, but I couldn't summon the energy. I went to bed before my gang got home, just so I wouldn't have to pretend to be glad they all had a great time.

Speaking of the sex thread-- I wondered about posting there as well. I had another round of intensely vivid dreams that led to a small breakdown when I woke up. Happy Fourth to me. Sigh.
I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other. ~Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

"Dying is easy. Living is hard. ~George Washington, Hamilton

JeanGenie

• Widowed 4-22-2013
    • Personal Blog
« Reply #132 on: July 11, 2015, 08:13:03 PM »
Happy Saturday night sexy wids!
Just got done cooking dinner on the grill with DS.  We've got bats behind our shutter so we watched them as they came out.  Counted 36 of them.  Just hope they stay outside!  Even with them, the bugs were pretty bad so we're inside now where I'll do the dishes while he finds something to watch on Netflix.  Then, I'll probably fall asleep as soon as I sit down to watch something!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 08:16:44 PM by JeanGenie »
I miss how happy I was with you.

canadiangirl

« Reply #133 on: July 11, 2015, 08:19:14 PM »
At home with sick kid.  Have had to go to hospital and MD twice this week.  Plans today-cancelled.  Plans tomorrow- cancelled.  Today would have been our 6th wedding anniversary.  Sadly, the days are so meaningless and grey and I am so tired lately that I didn't even notice until mid-way through the day.  Raising a glass to all my virtual widow/er friends tonight. 

Trying

• aka MissingmyTim
« Reply #134 on: July 11, 2015, 08:23:06 PM »
I am in bed, watching TV because my first floor AC crapped out and I'm tired of sweating.  Cool and comfy and tired from a day of sorting and purging in prep for our move.  I will be asleep before 10:00 I'm sure.
You will forever be my always.