Author Topic: Sexy Widowed Saturday Night!  (Read 67220 times)

Trying

• aka MissingmyTim
Re: Sexy Widowed Saturday Night!
« Reply #135 on: July 11, 2015, 08:25:14 PM »
CG, sorry to hear about the sick kid and hugs for your anniversary.
You will forever be my always.

Jess

• Administrator
  • AKA Jezzy
« Reply #136 on: July 11, 2015, 08:33:14 PM »
Saturday night seems pretty identical to Saturday afternoon. I stubbed my little toe last night and the neat shade of purple and the pain I feel with every step tells me it may be broken. Hopefully not! So I have been laying on the couch all day with a pillow and blanket. I did get dressed in jeans and a t-shirt as to not traumatize the pizza guy though!
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good. - Unknown

Don't be concerned about being disloyal to your pain by being joyous. - Hazrat Inayat Khan

Joe: 1979- 7/2014

Baylee627

• Widowed on 3/13/14
    • dawiddahood
« Reply #137 on: July 11, 2015, 09:56:49 PM »
Gah. Leftover pizza on the sofa in pajama pants and tee absent-mindedly watching a random Lifetime flick.

Doesn't get any sexier than that. It do not!

Baylee
Though lovers be lost, love shall not, and death shall have no dominion--Dylan Thomas

Jen

• Global Moderator
  • Jim: 7 April 1974-10 April 2014
« Reply #138 on: July 11, 2015, 10:29:14 PM »
Just finished a screaming match with my 15-year-old dd that concluded with her dramatically smashing a glass on a tile floor. The appalling injustice done to her? She was asked to move her legs so her brother could sit down on the couch. @@

Now no one is one the couch-- the tv has been turned off, the glass swept up, and everyone sent to bed. I have retreated to my room to watch Mysteries at the Museum on my laptop. Another scintillating Saturday night. Sigh.
I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other. ~Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

"Dying is easy. Living is hard. ~George Washington, Hamilton

SoVerySad

« Reply #139 on: July 11, 2015, 10:53:18 PM »
Hello friends. We actually were invited to a barbeque and to watch fireworks tonight. It was very nice. Now I'm in bed hoping that maybe tonight I'll sleep. Surely all these nights in a row of not sleeping well has to end soon. CG, I'm so sorry your child is sick. Clinking my glass back and sending you tight anniversary hugs.
Without you, Baby, I'm not me.

Virgo

« Reply #140 on: July 12, 2015, 12:06:16 AM »
My daughters and I went to a fireworks show too. They hire professionals to do the fireworks, rent inflatables for the kids, and have vendors. Best and loudest fireworks display I've ever seen. Hopefully we'll be invited again next year. :) I did tear up during the fireworks. The last professional fireworks show we saw together as a family.
Jen

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

donswife

« Reply #141 on: July 12, 2015, 08:40:34 AM »
I also went to week later fireworks
we have gone every year for about 4 years
have great friends over and their kids
was a little rough as this was the first time with out My don
reminded me of last year when he taught the kids how to make the perfect toasted marshmallows for their s'mores
so I smoked a cigar in his honor after everyone left
my favorite times with him sitting in the back yard in the quiet having a drink after parties
My everything

Virgo

« Reply #142 on: July 18, 2015, 11:23:13 PM »
Sexy? No, felt like a frump. I did go out with my 16yo and 13yo to watch a local band play though. We had a great time. Earlier in the afternoon my daughters and I went school supplies shopping, and then did some clothes shopping too. Funny how excited they get over school supplies.
Jen

Jen

• Global Moderator
  • Jim: 7 April 1974-10 April 2014
« Reply #143 on: July 25, 2015, 10:06:06 PM »
I'm slumped on the couch watching Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince . I'm hot,  I'm tired- just came off another 12-hour shift, I haven't even changed out of my scrubs. Just realised I've got tears running down my face. No reason for it- just tired and lonely and sad. I can't for the life of me figure out why men aren't lined up at my door... :-/
I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other. ~Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

"Dying is easy. Living is hard. ~George Washington, Hamilton

Virgo

« Reply #144 on: July 25, 2015, 11:13:28 PM »
I assembled a desk and four closet organizers and took my 16yo night driving.  Exciting Saturday!  My 13yo went to a bonfire.  My daughters have more of a social life then I do.
Jen

Trying

• aka MissingmyTim
« Reply #145 on: July 26, 2015, 06:18:50 AM »
I had new guy and his boys over for swim and pizza to take a break from my packing, they were gone by 8 and I was in bed by 9:00.  Way too exhausted and stressed for much more than that!

MissingSquish

• widowed 5/20/12
« Reply #146 on: August 01, 2015, 06:00:24 PM »
Sexy widowed Saturday night is upon us again.

I went out for a nice motorcycle ride this morning, but I am still struggling with grief induced sleep loss.  I keep waking up at 3 AM and am unable to go back to sleep. Still walking around in a bit of a daze and missing my uncle terribly.

I've tried soothing music, warm bath before bed, lavender and extra anti-anxiety meds. Not working. Nope. Nada. 

I know it's going to take a bit of time to process all of this.  Tried walking a bit more today, and will try to get into hot yoga tomorrow morning and see if the excercise helps me.
Gone but not forgotten.....my Squish.

Miss you forever baby girl, my Pru!

JeanGenie

• Widowed 4-22-2013
    • Personal Blog
« Reply #147 on: August 01, 2015, 07:24:53 PM »
Hello fellow sexy wids!
MS, sorry you're not sleeping...that just adds to the anxious feelings.  Here's hoping tonight is better for you.

No plans for me tonight...   Was at my sisters for a small get together this afternoon so now I'm hot and tired.  Gonna turn on the AC, slip into my jammies and then cleanup the kitchen.  Maybe I'll try to find a movie to watch and get to bed at fairly early.  Have a busy day tomorrow...
I miss how happy I was with you.

Trying

• aka MissingmyTim
« Reply #148 on: August 01, 2015, 07:53:09 PM »
Tonight is my last night in our home.  I'm alone, by choice.  I took my inlaws to see the new house and then went out to dinner with them, they are being so supportive about my decision to move but it's very emotional for Tim's mom to say goodbye to our home.  Now I'm in bed, with a half glass of wine (so I can still take an Ambien).  Hoping for a little sleep, MS I hope you sleep too!

Guaruj

« Reply #149 on: August 01, 2015, 08:09:12 PM »
Just ate a steak, french fries and a glass of wine.  Burned my forearm on the oven door. I'm getting ready for bed because I have a busy day tomorrow.  On Thursday morning,  I'm catching a bus for a weekend trip in NYC.   It's nice that I no longer have hang-ups about traveling.

|+|  M a r k  |+|