Author Topic: Sexy Widowed Saturday Night!  (Read 67114 times)

twistedmensa

• Embracing the suck since 1968!
Re: Sexy Widowed Saturday Night!
« Reply #195 on: September 12, 2015, 10:37:41 PM »
Watching a Ghost Adventures marathon. Yeah, I know...but desperate times call for desperate measures. :D

Jen

• Global Moderator
  • Jim: 7 April 1974-10 April 2014
« Reply #196 on: September 19, 2015, 06:12:51 PM »
I'm still at work. I'd just as soon be here, since there are four teenagers at my house tonight-- both my older kids have guests over-- plus the 10 year old and my getting-deafer-by-the-day mother. She's on strike-- she will tolerate the mass sleepover, but she refuses to entertain-- so when I get home I can scrounge for something for supper, then maybe I can make my excuses and head to bed.

Oh, when will this mad, crazy, merry-go-round existence ever end??!?!???! @@
I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other. ~Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

"Dying is easy. Living is hard. ~George Washington, Hamilton

marian53

« Reply #197 on: September 19, 2015, 06:35:12 PM »
Hello my good- no strike that out - great friend from opposite coasts.
It only ends when we make it end. :)

gretchen437

« Reply #198 on: September 19, 2015, 06:43:41 PM »
Spending my saturday watching Inspector Lewis and glancing over my newly created online dating profile. Watched adventures of tintin with my kids for movie night and will hopefully get some cleaning done before bed.... I lead an exciting life.

TooSoon

« Reply #199 on: September 19, 2015, 06:51:12 PM »
Hiding from my daughter, watching Far From the Maddening Crowd, trying on all of my pants in renewed purging effort (spurred on by avoidance of working on my promotion application due much sooner than I want to accept) and missing my main squeeze who seems further away than usual on Saturday nights.  (insert pathetic sigh here)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 06:53:02 PM by TooSoon »

rifatheroffour

• Widowed 1-13-13 joined YWBB 6-10-13 Loc: RI
« Reply #200 on: September 19, 2015, 07:46:29 PM »
Went on a 7 mile hike today with my daughter's girl scout troop.  Then dinner with all my kids, my oldest came home from college for the weekend.  Now we are eating underbaked brownies with sparklers and a fire in the back yard pit.
Those we love don't go away, they walk beside us everyday.
Unseen, unheard, but always near, still loved, still missed and very dear.

Guaruj

« Reply #201 on: September 19, 2015, 08:07:34 PM »
Skated 24 miles today with old friends. Stopped by Catherine's grave on the way home. Grilled a steak and made french fries, and also drank a fair amount. I could go to bed any time now.

|+|  M a r k  |+|

JeanGenie

• Widowed 4-22-2013
    • Personal Blog
« Reply #202 on: September 19, 2015, 08:47:38 PM »
Just got home from a surprise 60th birthday party for my SIL.  It was an outdoor party with a live band (so loud you couldn't really talk to anyone).  Thankfully DS went with me so I had someone to hang with.  Yes, I guilted him into going...hate going to these things alone.  Ended up leaving at 9...I'm such an old fuddy-duddy!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 10:08:25 PM by JeanGenie »
I miss how happy I was with you.

Virgo

« Reply #203 on: September 19, 2015, 09:07:53 PM »
My nephew's 4th birthday party was today. My daughters and I went a little overboard with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle stuff. It was fun buying for him.

Last night I had my 'first date' with one of the guys I've been chatting with. We saw Black Mass. Tomorrow we're going to see a comedian.
Jen

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

IfIonlycould

• Joined YWBB 2008
« Reply #204 on: September 19, 2015, 09:12:49 PM »
Got my hair done today and not much else.....going to crawl in bed right now and watch a classic movie on the DVR, not sure which one yet but I have a bunch recorded...I want to get up early tomorrow and hit the ground running getting lots of stuff done!
We must free ourselves of the hope that the sea will ever rest. We must learn to sail in high winds.
Aristotle Onassis

Quixote

« Reply #205 on: September 19, 2015, 10:00:31 PM »
"Adulted" a lot today, including dealing with Chase bank's letter to my wife, telling her they're closing her card for lack of activity. Yes, I've told them she's dead.  Four years now, sheesh. Well, at least they'll stop sending letters. Maybe.

Went to the barn to play with my horses, car promptly broke down. So just gave them some cookies instead and dealt with vehicles. But at least horse spit is a good antidepressant.

Rewarding self with some Mexican food at local place. Think I'm the only anglophone here.

Things could be worse. But yeah, Saturday nights, you feel singlehood the worst.

Jen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #206 on: September 20, 2015, 05:00:14 PM »
Ugh, adulting. I've had to adult all weekend at work, and I'll have to do it some more at home tomorrow and Tuesday. Have to pay bills, work out my new budget, do a ton of laundry... Bleah. I just want to lay on the couch like a slug and watch Mysteries at the Museum on the Travel Channel.
I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other. ~Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Jen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #207 on: September 26, 2015, 08:32:20 PM »
It IS Saturday, right? I had to double check, cos no one had bumped this...

I was actually off today. Off tomorrow, too. Weird-- a whole weekend. I think I must have scheduled it on purpose because this is my birthday weekend, sort of-- my actual birthday isn't until Wed, but my family usually celebrates on the nearest weekend, so here I am. Except there hasn't been much celebrating-- my mom is on call, and when she's not occupied with work stuff, she's caught up in my pregnant sister's wedding planning. Whatever, it's fine. I went to Build A Bear today and got myself not one but TWO My Little Ponies! Ha!

Now I'm watching the new Doctor Who episode with my daughter, and shopping online for cute PJs. Funny, that-- I never wore pajamas until I became a wid, and now I can't get enough of them. As addictions go, I guess ponies and PJs are relatively innocuous ones... ;)

So that's my exciting, sexy Saturday. Here's a piccie of my pony stuffies-- please ignore my messy room. (The middle two are the new ones.)

TooSoon

« Reply #208 on: October 03, 2015, 06:02:33 PM »
Reporting for duty:  in jammies, under covers, grant application on screen and my date, Malbec, in hand.  7 pm.  Living on the edge!

Jen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #209 on: October 03, 2015, 06:12:53 PM »
Jammies here too! Once again, I have a house full of teenagers-- why, why, why do they always want to come HERE??!?!? I've got chiles roasting in the oven and leftover birthday brownies in the fridge. Add Guy Fieri on the tube-- yay for Triple D-- and I have all the ingredients for a super-sexy Saturday. W00T!

Siiiiigh.  ::)