Author Topic: Sexy Widowed Saturday Night!  (Read 67628 times)

SoVerySad

Re: Sexy Widowed Saturday Night!
« Reply #240 on: November 14, 2015, 07:38:00 PM »
I've been doing some Christmas shopping online today. Now I'm getting ready to watch the debate. My sexy life...
Without you, Baby, I'm not me.

MissingSquish

• widowed 5/20/12
« Reply #241 on: November 14, 2015, 08:20:53 PM »
Hey sexy wid brothers and sisters!  I had a nice mini-Bago earlier today with some local wids, and have been laying low for most of the night.
Gone but not forgotten.....my Squish.

Miss you forever baby girl, my Pru!

JacklessSally

• Some Bunny Loves you DB
« Reply #242 on: November 14, 2015, 08:32:02 PM »
First time posting in this thread
Post angelversary slump, just hanging out in his hoodie in bed with the dog.
B.H.S. 1-20-1974 - 11-13-2014

You will always be my Jack and I will always be your Sally. For we were simply meant to be.

twistedmensa

• Embracing the suck since 1968!
« Reply #243 on: November 14, 2015, 08:38:55 PM »
Today, I FINALLY got around to painting the wall that had been repaired after relocating my cable outlet to a different location....in April.  :P

Trying

• aka MissingmyTim
« Reply #244 on: November 14, 2015, 09:14:33 PM »
Was in PJs at 6:00, on the couch studying and eating mint chocolate chip gelato for dinner. Fighting anxiety all day, not sure what triggered it, maybe the terrorist attacks, haven't had anxiety like this, over nothing specific, in ages.  I had an Ativan with the ice cream and neither worked.  Hoping to get some sleep. Super sexy.
You will forever be my always.

Virgo

« Reply #245 on: November 14, 2015, 10:02:00 PM »
Busy day! We started our day rushing around to get out the door.  Getting three girls ready on time is a challenge.  My youngest had two basketball games.  Her games overlapped a little with my middle daughters choir concert. Thankfully my in-laws were available to help me out with transportation. I left the game early to go to the concert. Then they came to the concert after the last game. Afterwards the girls and I went to Hobby Lobby,  Bath and  Body Works,  and Panera Bread.  It ended up being an expensive outing. .
Jen

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

Brenda

« Reply #246 on: November 15, 2015, 04:44:50 AM »
Uh, not a bad Saturday until about 5pm when the bottle of wine was opened.  Drank it really quickly.  Then a beer.  Then had the bright idea of swigging out of a bottle of some disgusting brandy that had been sitting around for years.  And it all came up - obviously - and I found myself in bed by 9pm, sick as a dog.  Not too bad this morning though, but I somehow never learn that while being slightly drunk once in a while can be fun, more and more alcohol on top of that doesn't ever lead to more and more enjoyment.

Quixote

« Reply #247 on: November 15, 2015, 11:19:09 AM »
Hang in there, Brenda.  Went down the drinking to stop the nightmares route for a while--  it doesn't really work (aside from the health issues).  You just end up more depressed the next day, and the sleep disturbance starts getting to you.  If this starts happening on a regular basis, really recommend not having alcohol in the house.  This isn't some AA rag here, it's about realizing you're in a fragile place right now and keeping the house "widow proof".

Brenda

« Reply #248 on: November 15, 2015, 03:39:36 PM »
This isn't some AA rag here, it's about realizing you're in a fragile place right now and keeping the house "widow proof".

Yeah, it's not a daily thing.  It's a once-weekly thing, saved for Saturday, and I never drink at any other time.  Normally, I can stop at a bottle of wine (and I know that's too much in one sitting anyway) and have a pretty decent evening doing some cooking and having a few family members over for a meal.  But once in a while, I get the "yeah Brenda you're having a great time after knocking back the whole bottle so surely adding more alcohol on top of that will make you feel even better" thing going on.  It never works; I always regret anything over that single bottle of wine, without exception, but in the moment I kind of lose my common sense.  But that's alcohol, right?

I like the concept of the "widow proof" house.  No alcohol sitting around (and if I do buy some, it needs to be a sensible single portion, not a case of beer or a two-for-one offer on wine), etc.  I've already taken steps to widow proof the house in other ways (getting rid of any firearms, razor blades, stockpiles of prescription meds etc.), but there's clearly work to be done.

But today has been a pretty good Sunday considering.  And next week is looking bright.  And I've a few positive things to look forward to in the near future in terms of getting my life back together (will soon be retraining for a new career, my wonderful new girlfriend, kids who aren't causing me any headaches and who are doing great in school, moving into a smaller and more manageable place, and finally scheduled surgery to sort out a nagging health issue), so things are moving in the right direction other than the occasional careless "I'm still twenty years old - woo hoo!" accident with the alcohol.

Jen

• Global Moderator
  • Jim: 7 April 1974-10 April 2014
« Reply #249 on: November 15, 2015, 04:21:10 PM »
Totally missed it. I've been working like a dog this week, so my Saturday night consisted of my dragging in from work, swallowing, some supper, falling into bed, and conking out almost immediately so I could do it again today. :-\ Didn't even get to see the new Doctor Who!
I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other. ~Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

"Dying is easy. Living is hard. ~George Washington, Hamilton

MissingSquish

• widowed 5/20/12
« Reply #250 on: December 12, 2015, 04:53:02 PM »
Sexy widowed Saturday night is upon us again!  What are all of you hot wids doing tonight?
Gone but not forgotten.....my Squish.

Miss you forever baby girl, my Pru!

TooSoon

« Reply #251 on: December 12, 2015, 05:06:16 PM »
In my pjs with my Saturday night date of choice, Malbec, and Bridget Jones on deck.  Seems fitting. 

canadiangirl

« Reply #252 on: December 12, 2015, 05:20:20 PM »
Hi MS and TS - small one is at an overnight, so wrapping presents.  :)

Captains wife

« Reply #253 on: December 12, 2015, 05:32:36 PM »
Fun Sat night. Just finished scarfing down a burger and sitting in my pjs watching How the Grinch Stole Christmas with my 4yr old.

JeanGenie

• Widowed 4-22-2013
    • Personal Blog
« Reply #254 on: December 12, 2015, 06:01:47 PM »
Just got home from the grocery store.  Gonna put on my comfy clothes, make some dinner and then bake some cookies while watching some Hallmark movie on TV. You know the kind...where some lonely person (usually a widow) finds loves by running into Mr Perfect at some random place (he wasn't at the grocery store tonite) and they live happily ever after!  Sigh...
I miss how happy I was with you.