Author Topic: Sexy Widowed Saturday Night!  (Read 67142 times)

lcoxwell

Re: Sexy Widowed Saturday Night!
« Reply #270 on: February 06, 2016, 10:14:51 PM »
I have been in bed with my PJs on all day,  binge watching various TV shows on my computer.  Thanks to having a miserable cold,  my nose is runny,  I have a horrible sinus headache,  and I feel yucky.  I must admit,  this is not such a sexy Saturday night for me,  but I. am enjoying the TV shows.
"The highest tribute to the dead is not grief but gratitude." - Thornton Wilder

Thank you, my dearest Kenneth, for loving me and for giving me the best 13 years of my life.

SoVerySad

« Reply #271 on: February 07, 2016, 12:18:12 AM »
Wow, Calimom, good for you! I'm glad help showed up and wish you the best in your new location!

lcoxwell, feel better soon!!
Without you, Baby, I'm not me.

Virgo

« Reply #272 on: February 07, 2016, 06:58:05 PM »
I took my three daughters shopping.  We had a great time until my Jeep overheated and we got stranded in the Target parking lot.  We got a ride home an hour later.  Today I had my Jeep towed to the Chrysler dealership. Hopefully it's minor and won't take to long or cost a lot to repair.
Jen

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

Lost35

« Reply #273 on: February 14, 2016, 12:24:58 AM »
HAVE to post, as it was a Saturday Night that I was, *ahem*, OUT-OF-THE-HOUSE after dark.  :D

Yes, it was a seven-year-old's birthday party, and yes, it was in a local recreation centre, but HOT DAMN, if I didn't have Jelly Belly's, a hot dog AND make a basket, or THREE (haven't played basketball in twenty years).

Said Seven-Year-Old is a groovy kid who wears sequins and Dame Edna glasses to Grade One, so it felt a bit like a social event. And I had these awesome little coconut-covered marshmallow puffy clouds of loveliness that I haven't tasted since I was five.

I think I win this Saturday night, no?

:D

-L.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 12:30:32 AM by Lost35 »

Virgo

« Reply #274 on: February 21, 2016, 04:04:15 PM »
I took two of my daughters to see a local band play. My friend is in the band. My oldest daughter invited two  of her friends.  So, me and four teenagers.
Jen

Captains wife

« Reply #275 on: February 21, 2016, 04:27:30 PM »
I just felt like laying low all weekend. Sat night consisted of pjs by 4pm, ramen for dinner and both my son and I in bed by6.30 watching tv. I fell asleep watching Frasier re-runs. Sigh : (

TooSoon

« Reply #276 on: February 27, 2016, 05:35:55 PM »
It's here again!  I'm super sexily grading an endless pile of freshman essays and volleying with my child as to how many Thin Mints constitute an acceptable after dinner treat (this child can argue her case ad infinitum - it is both impressive and exhausting).  Can't really complain though because I went to a spectacular show last night in Brooklyn and the amazing Tenement Museum this morning.  Already dreading Monday though, a constant theme of sexy widowed Sat nights. 

rifatheroffour

• Widowed 1-13-13 joined YWBB 6-10-13 Loc: RI
« Reply #277 on: February 27, 2016, 05:38:59 PM »
Evening...it's really quiet here.  Two high school kids are at a dance tonight and my daughter is at a friends for the evening.  I can't change into comfy clothes because I have to go get my daughter around 9:30pm.  So here I am, should be doing more paperwork to catch up at work.  I've been having a sense of dread more often as all my kids begin spending more and more time with friends, which is great for them...but, well you know...it's really quiet here.
Those we love don't go away, they walk beside us everyday.
Unseen, unheard, but always near, still loved, still missed and very dear.

Trying

• aka MissingmyTim
« Reply #278 on: February 27, 2016, 06:05:48 PM »
Sitting on the couch in yoga pants ( that saw no yoga today) and drinking a glass of wine while youngest is in The basement with a friend and older two are heading out.  I'm trying to make more of an effort to plan things for youngest so I'm ok with it.
You will forever be my always.

JeanGenie

• Widowed 4-22-2013
    • Personal Blog
« Reply #279 on: February 27, 2016, 06:51:16 PM »
Doing laundry and chipping away at things on my "to do" list.  Hallmark movie playing in the background (to fill the emptiness and quiet in the house). Unfortunately, a typical Saturday night here...
I miss how happy I was with you.

TooSoon

« Reply #280 on: February 27, 2016, 07:25:46 PM »
Kid in bed.  Transitioning to glass of pinot grigio and Spotlight on Netflix.  Might be a better sexy Sat than usual. 

jeff1038

« Reply #281 on: February 27, 2016, 08:22:24 PM »
Kids in bed.....logged into Chat but no one else there.....watching Star Trek Voyager episode on Amazon Prime....wondering how everyone else is doing

SoVerySad

« Reply #282 on: February 27, 2016, 09:12:30 PM »
I'm checking son's schoolwork. French Revolution, Napoleon, etc.. My daughter is sleeping over at a friend's house. We did actually go out to dinner tonight with my nephew and his fianc?. It was really nice and yummy. Still not in pj's, but now that you've reminded me, I'm breaking to get more comfortable.

Without you, Baby, I'm not me.

Virgo

« Reply #283 on: February 27, 2016, 09:52:32 PM »
I was with my guy friend last night, and got home around 10am. Great evening! The rest of the day was spent at home with my daughters.  My teenagers and I are going shopping tomorrow after church. My 8yo has a play date.
Jen

Wheelerswife

• Widowed x 2.
« Reply #284 on: February 27, 2016, 10:03:02 PM »
I have spent the weekend with old friends from high school. One was my best friend back then. I hadn't seen her since the day I married my first husband. We have had a blast catching up on old times and life in general. It was good to have fun with old friends who knew me well 35 years ago and who could listen to my life story.

Maureen
Life is short.  Love with all you've got. 

Barry 11/29/55-9/22/09       John  1/16/57-1/11/14

Empathy  Developer  Responsibility  Adaptability Connectedness