Author Topic: Sexy Widowed Saturday Night!  (Read 67060 times)

twistedmensa

• Embracing the suck since 1968!
Re: Sexy Widowed Saturday Night!
« Reply #285 on: February 28, 2016, 01:32:57 AM »
I took the kids to Sonic Drive-In for dinner, then came home and made a batch of apple crisp for dessert...so yummy!

Virgo

« Reply #286 on: March 05, 2016, 04:12:18 PM »
My girls are staying with their grandparents tonight.  Normally when they stay over I have definite plans. I'm not sure what I'm doing tonight. 
Jen

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

TooSoon

« Reply #287 on: March 05, 2016, 04:18:28 PM »
My daughter is at my parents.  There's a fantastic film at our local art theater but I am too tired even to think about it.  So, pajamas, some wine and a Downton Abbey binge in anticipation of the final episode which is tomorrow night (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!)

Trying

• aka MissingmyTim
« Reply #288 on: March 05, 2016, 05:29:29 PM »
All of my kids are out, NG is home with his kids and I am home alone studying for a Kinesiology test. Maybe I will watch a chick flick on Netflix later. Any recommendations?
You will forever be my always.

Jess

• Administrator
  • AKA Jezzy
« Reply #289 on: March 05, 2016, 06:24:36 PM »
Nursing both allergies and a cold with a little fever. Buried at work so also working from home, resetting my vpn every few minutes. FML.
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good. - Unknown

Don't be concerned about being disloyal to your pain by being joyous. - Hazrat Inayat Khan

Joe: 1979- 7/2014

lcoxwell

« Reply #290 on: March 05, 2016, 07:28:00 PM »
I had almost no sleep last night and am having a whale of a good time with fibromyalgia pain, over in my corner of the world, on this cloudy, icky Saturday. New Guy has a date night planned, since one (or both) of us has been sick nearly every weekend for the last month. I am in the great debate of deciding whether to disappoint both of us and cancel, or to suck it up try to enjoy myself, even if I am in pain and miserably tired.
"The highest tribute to the dead is not grief but gratitude." - Thornton Wilder

Thank you, my dearest Kenneth, for loving me and for giving me the best 13 years of my life.

sojourner

« Reply #291 on: March 05, 2016, 07:40:03 PM »
All of my kids are out, NG is home with his kids and I am home alone studying for a Kinesiology test. Maybe I will watch a chick flick on Netflix later. Any recommendations?

"Under the Tuscan Sun"?

TormentedTwoStep

« Reply #292 on: March 05, 2016, 09:15:29 PM »
I was supposed to go out and meet some friends to hear a band play. One by one, they had to cancel. So I decided to stay home and not go alone. Alone is all I ever do these days. I miss my wife, I miss my chapter 2, I miss the life I ince had. Off to bed.

SoVerySad

« Reply #293 on: March 05, 2016, 09:30:14 PM »
I'm trying to settle my nerves. My daughter woke up complaining of chest pain that radiated to her back. Worsened with her feeling dizzy and nauseous. Her band fundraiser spaghetti dinner was tonight. I had pies and soda to drop off, as well as meet family there (I had the tickets) and was taking my in-laws along. Met relatives in the parking lot, handed off tickets and the stuff I had to them, then headed to the ER. She didn't argue about going, so I know she was scared. Thankfully chest x-ray and EKG were okay. MD suggested maybe pulled muscle or mild pleurisy. I'm worn out from putting up a good front, as well as just being in that ER which I hate so much. The staff is fine, just so much time spent there with too many loved ones, etc..

So, I'm in bed getting ready to check schoolwork, wishing I had T here or anyone to just hold me really tight for a while.

Widowhood sucks!
Without you, Baby, I'm not me.

rifatheroffour

• Widowed 1-13-13 joined YWBB 6-10-13 Loc: RI
« Reply #294 on: March 05, 2016, 10:30:19 PM »
Spent the day working on our annual scout fundraiser.  Dinner on the couch with my two youngest kids watching "The Martian". I was firne until David Bowie came on...my DW would have loved this movie...she was a complete space geek.  Now all are asleep and I'm watching "The Devil Wears Prada".  What an exciting saturday night.
Those we love don't go away, they walk beside us everyday.
Unseen, unheard, but always near, still loved, still missed and very dear.

BrokenHeart2

• Widowed 2013
« Reply #295 on: March 05, 2016, 11:47:57 PM »
I've had plueresy and it's awfully painful. So glad SVS that's all it was!  Still so scarey all considered! Yes widowhood does suck! 
Yes RTOF I'm sorry you space geek isn't there with you
Hugs to my wid community!
I don't want it to be his legacy that his death destroyed me.
I need to honour his life by rebuilding my life.

Captains wife

« Reply #296 on: March 06, 2016, 05:36:44 AM »
oh real exciting night here- my son and I ate dinner in front of the TV, and I got caught up on some charity work - and were in bed by 7pm. My son hasn't been sleeping well given a cough so I set up a makeshift bed in his room and I also have  been having real trouble sleeping so after he was asleep I watched endless Frasier re-runs on my iPad (with earphones) and snacked on low fat chips and drank a wine cooler...to try and help me sleep. Then I surfed my Match.com app and felt depressed at the thought of getting back out there again - and getting burned. Sigh.

JeanGenie

• Widowed 4-22-2013
    • Personal Blog
« Reply #297 on: March 06, 2016, 06:04:35 AM »
I thought about going out to a movie (by myself for the first time!) but nothing was playing that interested me, so I pulled out a jigsaw puzzle and worked on that while watching You've Got Mail followed by some Hallmark movie.  Typical Saturday night here...
I miss how happy I was with you.

donswife

« Reply #298 on: March 06, 2016, 08:51:26 AM »
Jeangenie ....so funny I was watching you got mail at my Mom's house :)
sleepless in seattle was in first(man what a different perspective watching it now )
then I came home to get my taxes in order ...yup wild times
My everything

Virgo

« Reply #299 on: March 11, 2016, 09:31:26 PM »
I'm going to be in Chicago with a girlfriend.  Girls weekend!  We're going to shop the Magnificent Mile and see what kind of trouble we can get into.
Jen

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss