Author Topic: Sexy Widowed Saturday Night!  (Read 67186 times)

Julester3

Re: Sexy Widowed Saturday Night!
« Reply #345 on: January 29, 2017, 12:10:13 AM »
Not much different here, on the laptop in bed with the TV on and a dog accompanying me. Had a cat too but the fickle beast left!

TooSoon

« Reply #346 on: February 04, 2017, 07:57:38 PM »
Come on - I know some of you have some sexy widowed Saturday night stories to tell tonight.  I'm in my PJs, ignoring a massive kitchen mess after an unsupervised 10 year old "science" project took place while I talked on the phone with a grad school friend.  Kid in bed now, glass of wine in hand.  Should be good for sleep by 9:30.  Very sexy! 

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
« Reply #347 on: February 04, 2017, 08:15:07 PM »
Took my younger two to see Sing.
Thoroughly embarrassed them by singing and dancing during the movie! 😁

I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.....

Virgo

« Reply #348 on: February 04, 2017, 08:40:47 PM »
Watching the Blackhawks game with my leg propped up. My tattoo is a little swollen. I should be cleaning. Today is Phil's death date, 3 years. I haven't been down, but I'm not motivated to do anything or go anywhere.
Jen

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

Julester3

« Reply #349 on: February 04, 2017, 09:46:32 PM »
Crocheting the last trim on the afghan my husband always wanted but I never had time to make and meanwhile watching Harry Potter because it's on. It was a nice restful day today otherwise.

twistedmensa

• Embracing the suck since 1968!
« Reply #350 on: February 05, 2017, 02:52:18 AM »
I actually did something interesting for once! My son and I went to a chocolate festival and sampled the decadence. He also climbed a rock wall and and did some bungee jumping. I opted to watch. ;D

Later, around midnight, my adult daughter and I ventured out to the 24 hour Walmart to get last minute Super Bowl party items...and Walmart at midnight on a Saturday night was as entertaining as the festival.

RobFTC

• Lost Michelle to ovarian cancer 2010/11/07
    • Celtic Journeys radio show
« Reply #351 on: February 05, 2017, 10:40:41 AM »
I acceded to a request to take the girls shopping after dinner.   I was in Goodwill playing "guess the purpose of the mystery appliance" while they looked for dress-up clothes for a thing at school, and then in Barnes and Noble marveling about how they still have these things called books, and even more anachronistically, how they have a big section of vinyl records for the hipsters (ugh, I hated vinyl and am not in the least nostalgic for it).  After that, it was a rousing evening of guiding Sarah through a reinstall of Windows on her computer.  It's just how we roll here at Chez Thurlow!

Take care,
Rob T
There was something fishy about the butler.  I think he was a Pisces, probably working for scale.

momof2obs

« Reply #352 on: February 06, 2017, 08:33:55 AM »
I just wanted to share how I spent my Saturday night because it is kind of neat...I took my kids to the New York Islanders game (that's not the neat part).

One of the players, Travis Hamonic, lost his dad when he was 10-years-old.  Now he invites kids in similar situations to use his tickets to the game and then, after the game, he meets with them.  (you can google the terrific story ESPN did on him a few years back)  My two were thrilled.  One of the first things he said to them was that he promised that it will get better. He was honest and said that this first year will suck but as time goes on, the pain is less and less.  They will never forget their Dad but the sadness will make way for keeping traditions, making new traditions and living life the way he would have wanted.

Not a bad Saturday night.

MR

« Reply #353 on: February 06, 2017, 10:05:12 AM »
momof2obs : "Not a bad Saturday night" i would say it is terrific night for kids. Those words coming from someone who has thru the same means a lot.

Adley

« Reply #354 on: February 06, 2017, 06:45:43 PM »
Awesome!
Here's to my pretty young wife     sleepin amongst the stars           now they say what's hers is mine but I know what's ours is ours

RobFTC

• Lost Michelle to ovarian cancer 2010/11/07
    • Celtic Journeys radio show
« Reply #355 on: February 06, 2017, 08:13:36 PM »
I saw a feature about Travis Hamonic on Hockey Night In Canada - I think what he's doing just rocks :-)  There's some great folks out there who Get It, so good to see.

Take care,
Rob T
There was something fishy about the butler.  I think he was a Pisces, probably working for scale.

WarriorModeMom

« Reply #356 on: February 11, 2017, 09:34:16 PM »
This is so good to know.  My husband was from Long Island and our girls were born in the city.  He was a huge Long Islanders fan.  I'll have to look into the special tickets for next Christmas when I go back to NY.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 09:47:29 PM by WarriorModeMom »
Infinity Warrior

WarriorModeMom

« Reply #357 on: February 11, 2017, 09:46:43 PM »
Not Saturday, but last Friday: 

I went out for the first time with some friends for drinks.  I also wanted to see a Led Zeppelin cover band that was playing that night, but my friends decided to stay perched at their watering hole.  I decided to go by myself to hear the band.  I mean, come on; Misty Mountain Hop (or insert your favorite LZ song here) is the best"fuck cancer" song.  Why? I don't know....  With those pounding drums and everything else going on in the song, I just feel like it is.  Music is incredibly healing.

I felt like I turned my widow sign off for a few hours -- and that was okay.  Thankfully, nobody bothered me or hit on me and I didn't talk to anyone (even thought the bass player looked like the coolest dude strutting his stuff up there on stage....).
Infinity Warrior

Virgo

« Reply #358 on: February 12, 2017, 01:59:18 PM »
Last night I stayed home with my daughters. We watched 80s movies and then the Blackhawks game. I went out on my own Friday night. 
Jen

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
« Reply #359 on: February 12, 2017, 03:41:36 PM »
Well, I was supposed to have a date with my ghoster last night....

Since I had childcare prearranged, I tried to get some friends to go out and do things. Everyone was busy! I then get a call from a meetup friend, to join him at a valentine dance. So my sexy Saturday night consisted of dancing with some sexy shoes! 😁