Author Topic: I guess I just graduated to this subgroup...  (Read 1264 times)

Brenda

I guess I just graduated to this subgroup...
« on: January 13, 2016, 04:38:15 PM »
One year down.  Many more to go (hopefully), and surely they can't be worse than the first.

Can't believe how the time has flown and dragged simultaneously.  But glad to have all the "firsts" finally out of the way.

Thanks for the support, everyone at Widda.  It's meant a lot.  Life would have been far worse without this fantastic group of people who reach out and help one another despite being in the same awful situation themselves.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 04:40:37 PM by Brenda »

Lisa

• Global Moderator
Re: I guess I just graduated to this subgroup...
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 04:45:14 PM »
For me the 1st was the absolute worst. It isnt everyone's experience but it was mine. Best of luck to you as you continue this path with us.
"All the waves must reach the shore before the water calms"-Ray ♡

donswife

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 05:30:34 PM »
Brenda: You made it through the first of "first"
Never sure how to react to this but we are all still standing so that has to be good

my year one was in October
The only good part was I went to a bago dinner the night before so it gave me a bit of strength
It surprised me, how the actual day ,I couldn't stop the raw tears from coming
you know the ones that are non stoppable no matter where you are
take care 

« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 06:53:14 AM by donswife »
My everything

Trying

• aka MissingmyTim
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 06:44:21 PM »
I wish some magic happenened at the one year mark but not having to anticipate all of the "firsts" is the one thing.  I have to agree that this group has saved my sanity on many occasions.
You will forever be my always.

lcoxwell

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 09:32:12 PM »
Congratulations on surviving that first year! I agree with Trying, that reaching the one year milestone does not magically erase all the pain or make things better. What it does do is to help you realize you have made it through the first year after experiencing the worst thing that can possibly happen to anyone. No one can ever take that away from you. From my experience, that knowledge alone can help keep you going, when the difficult days roll in, in the future. From my experience, that knowledge can also help you enjoy the good days that inevitably come along, just a little bit more, too. ((((Hugs))))
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 09:34:58 PM by lcoxwell »
"The highest tribute to the dead is not grief but gratitude." - Thornton Wilder

Thank you, my dearest Kenneth, for loving me and for giving me the best 13 years of my life.

Jen

• Global Moderator
  • Jim: 7 April 1974-10 April 2014
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 01:28:45 PM »
((((((Brenda)))))))
I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other. ~Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

"Dying is easy. Living is hard. ~George Washington, Hamilton