Author Topic: What the Widow Road has taught me ...  (Read 5077 times)

marian1953

Re: What the Widow Road has taught me ?
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2015, 01:40:50 PM »
thank you! You have me beaming and not many can  :) I am heading out to the dentist lifted up by this message.
Marian

Munsen

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2015, 03:20:11 PM »
Can I say that one of the GOOD things that has come from the YWBB shutting down is this resurgence of 'senior' posting?!

I'm so pleased to be seeing so many familiar names and 'voices' posting again. These are  the names that mentored me in my early days. These are the thoughts that gave me hope for the future and confidence that I too could survive the blow dealt to me.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. May you continue to be part of this new place.

marian1953

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2015, 04:23:24 PM »
You know, Munsen, you are so right. I had really thought there was something wrong with me (beside the obvious, heh-heh) because I kept coming back, reading, sometimes posting?I thought i just must be a loser who was never going to cut the cord. Then the shit hit the fan with ywbb. Guess what, people returned and said they had been reading still for years.  Once again I have the "vim and vigor" -well, not so much the vigor with health issues these days-but that same hope and confidence that Munsen describes to face the days. I have really been struggling with my relationship- his kids, his ex, blah blah. This place is my safe place. This place gives me back myself.

Shawn823

• Widowed 12/11/12
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2015, 12:17:41 AM »
Can I say that one of the GOOD things that has come from the YWBB shutting down is this resurgence of 'senior' posting?!.....Thank you from the bottom of my heart. May you continue to be part of this new place.
This is exactly how I feel! I joined YWBB a little over 2 years ago and many of these "senior" posters were still posting then...your words were an enormous comfort. I am in a rough part of this journey right now, and i am so very grateful for the timing of this resurgence. Once again, I am finding comfort in your wisdom, honesty, and thoughtfully expressed insights. Thank you to all of you.

fleur

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2015, 10:44:04 AM »
A Tout Jamais,

Your pictures, quotes and words have all been missed.

Carey

• Widowed 11/23/13 Joined YWBB 12/2/13
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2015, 01:09:30 PM »
I LOVE the pictures.  I love your presence here and the presence of the others who are further along than I.  I love that this place exists.  Im saying this because that's about ALL I love today, but because you are all here and this place is here, I Have that.  I still feel like collapsing.  But it doesn't feel like there's nothing under me. If that makes any sense?
I can't look at the stars they make me wonder where you are. 
Stars.... up on heaven's boulevard
And if I know you at all
I know you've gone too far
 So I .... I can't look at the stars --Grace Potter