Sweet Sixteen bracket contest

Keep it all in this thread
4 (44.4%)
New contest - new thread
1 (11.1%)
Just about everything in the world is more important to me than this question
4 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: NCAA Men's Basketball - LET THE MADNESS BEGIN  (Read 13668 times)

downinahole

Re: NCAA Men's Basketball - LET THE MADNESS BEGIN
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2015, 03:49:32 PM »
True story on basketball themes.

I ran late to see one of my daughter's basketball game this year. When I arrived, everyone in the stands tells me about my daughter's 3/4 length basket to beat the halftime buzzer. It was only the JV game so there was no video of it. It sucked not seeing it in person but she was quite proud of it.

On a less serious note, I will proudly submit my Sweet 16 picks later

BrokenHeart2

• Widowed 2013
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2015, 03:55:28 PM »
When does this end?  I'm missing Young and Restless.  Lol
I don't want it to be his legacy that his death destroyed me.
I need to honour his life by rebuilding my life.

lcoxwell

« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2015, 04:46:02 PM »
When does this end?  I'm missing Young and Restless.  Lol

Good one!  I get to watch Young and Restless every day, only my "Young and Restless" are middle school students with spring fever.   ;D
"The highest tribute to the dead is not grief but gratitude." - Thornton Wilder

Thank you, my dearest Kenneth, for loving me and for giving me the best 13 years of my life.

BrokenHeart2

• Widowed 2013
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2015, 04:50:26 PM »
Lol Icoxwell, I guess it was a premature post. They are back on today. I guess it was only for last week.
:)
I don't want it to be his legacy that his death destroyed me.
I need to honour his life by rebuilding my life.

lcoxwell

« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2015, 08:10:14 PM »
So I have a weird question, since I am new to all this picking teams and brackets thing.  I noticed it allows you to add a sheet with an alias, so you can keep track of your picks.  Does this mean I could do two brackets, one for who I think will win and a second one for who I wish would win?  I've been so conflicted, and this would end my internal argument (which, frankly, needs to stop, because these arguing voices in my head are drowning out the usual voices I am used to hearing, and I can't handle the confusion).  Oh, the pressure is just madness! :P
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 08:12:08 PM by lcoxwell »

Thank you, my dearest Kenneth, for loving me and for giving me the best 13 years of my life.

AC

« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2015, 10:51:10 PM »
I have a weird answer.  It is set up so that you can submit two sets of pics.  I don't know if we as a group want to have that happen or not.  I did not realize the option was there, so I have not addressed it.

What do people think?  Only 1 entry per person, two entries per person but you must pic which one "counts" in the contest, or 2 entries are permissible per person?  I can go any way.

Not that this matters, but I went with my head mostly on the  big bracket and am winning.  However, last year I went with my heart and won the whole thing.  This year, for the sweet 16, I went with my heart.  I had to - I spent 10 years at the U of Utah and it is not exactly every year they make the sweet 16. 

If you are involved in the sweet 16 contest or will be - please let me know your preference either here on via PM.

Thanks!

Lisa

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2015, 03:33:24 AM »
You must choose  your team when the dance. In my book its a rule. I dont care about the other thing. Its fun for me regardless.
"All the waves must reach the shore before the water calms"-Ray ♡

lcoxwell

« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2015, 01:38:28 PM »
Ignore my previous question.  I had a migraine last night and took the "good meds" to try and get rid of it.  Apparently, I was a little loopier than I thought!

I've been so conflicted, and this would end my internal argument (which, frankly, needs to stop, because these arguing voices in my head are drowning out the usual voices I am used to hearing, and I can't handle the confusion).  Oh, the pressure is just madness! :P

If my Kenneth were still alive, he would say THIS (^^^) is why they don't let me out in public very often.   ;D

AC

« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2015, 05:20:52 PM »
ONE DAY ONE HOUR TO GET SWEET SIXTEEN PICKS IN!!!!!

AC

« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2015, 07:20:16 PM »
I have Gonzaga beating UCLA in the full bracket contest and UCLA beating Gonzaga in the Sweet 16 contest.  Soooooo conflicted!!!

GO UTES?!?!?!?!

AC

« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2015, 04:31:39 PM »
Holy smokaroonies!  Louisville has fallen to Michigan State.  I can't even talk about my Sweet 16 picks.  Suffice it to say DIAH and LisaPop already have more points in that contest than I can possibly get total - and SMM is a mere point behind.  Gabzilla is having a rough go of it too, but if Gonzaga pulls through she stands a good chance.

I have Duke in the overall contest, but GO ZAGS!!!!!  ;D

gretchen437

« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2015, 06:34:27 PM »
...and all my remaining interests in March Madness has ended. It was fun for a while, but screw the rest of them.

Gabzmom

« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2015, 01:17:47 AM »
Well - I am gone - dead and gone!  I so want anyone to win but Kentucky?

BUT?my women's bracket is doing well.  I have Notre Dame in there and my other pic is UConn?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 01:20:11 AM by Gabzmom »
"I always knew looking back on my tears would bring me laughter, but I never knew looking back on my laughter would make me cry." ~Cat Stevens

smm

« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2015, 02:09:54 PM »
Holy smokaroonies!  Louisville has fallen to Michigan State.  I can't even talk about my Sweet 16 picks.  Suffice it to say DIAH and LisaPop already have more points in that contest than I can possibly get total - and SMM is a mere point behind.  Gabzilla is having a rough go of it too, but if Gonzaga pulls through she stands a good chance.

I have Duke in the overall contest, but GO ZAGS!!!!!  ;D

I now have to go and check what this means!

*smm toddles off to find out*
How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard
~ Winnie the Pooh

AC

« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2015, 05:53:08 PM »
...and all my remaining interests in March Madness has ended. It was fun for a while, but screw the rest of them.

I so hear this.  What fun is March Madness when 3 of the final 4 are #1 seeds?  THAT is madness - boring madness.  I have the lead in the contest because I was rushed and largely went with the top seeded team (mostly subconsciously).  LAME MADNESS...

GO SPARTANS GO!!!!!!!