Encouragement > Books, Quotes, Poems, and Songs

<< < (2/7) > >>

Mac:
The foundation built from your love and kindness, makes this new life so much easier.

swilson:
Love knows not its depth until the hour of separation ~ Kahlil Gibran

allan:
Someone on the board qouted"Your opinion of me is none of my business" ,or was it a book I read who knows but I like it kinda of a polite two fingers.

Gabzmom:

--- Quote from: canadiangirl on March 10, 2015, 06:54:59 AM ---This was posted by former YWBB member Goodgirl715, who hasn't made her way here yet, at 9 years out:

Grief can destroy you -- or focus you. You can decide a relationship was all for nothing if it had to end in death, and you alone. OR you can realize that every moment of it had more meaning than you dared to recognize at the time, so much meaning it scared you, so you just lived, just took for granted the love and laughter of each day, and didn't allow yourself to consider the sacredness of it. But when it's over and you're alone, you begin to see that it wasn't just a movie and a dinner together, not just watching sunsets together, not just scrubbing a floor or washing dishes together or worrying over a high electric bill. It was everything, it was the why of life, every event and precious moment of it. The answer to the mystery of existence is the love you shared sometimes so imperfectly, and when the loss wakes you to the deeper beauty of it, to the sanctity of it, you can't get off your knees for a long time, you're driven to your knees not by the weight of the loss but by gratitude for what preceded the loss. And the ache is always there, but one day not the emptiness, because to nurture the emptiness, to take solace in it, is to disrespect the gift of life. ~Dean Koontz, Odd Hours

--- End quote ---

I had saved this from somewhere and pasted it into my journal.  Thank you for sharing. 

Ginger:
Posted by former YWBB member lilacbreeze:

"The Five People You Meet In Heaven"Book Quote:

"Lost love is still love, Eddie. It takes a different form, that's all. you can't see their smile or bring them food or tousle their hair or move them around a dance floor. But when those senses weaken, another heightens. Memory. Memory becomes your partner. You nurture it. You hold it. You dance with it."

Posted by a former WYBB member:

An Eskimo Legend

"Perhaps they are not stars in the sky,
but rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version