Author Topic: FMLA  (Read 133 times)

KimberlyMarie88

FMLA
« on: April 22, 2018, 07:58:22 PM »
Has anyone taken FMLA after losing your soulmate? How did you make it through this? Did you go to work or take time off? I'm thinking about taking three weeks off (two weeks after his passing). I just don't know if that's a good idea to have that much time on my hands, or would it really help heal me. My job is very supportive, but i'm in a building with 100 people. I literally sit at a desk and cry alllllll day. I walk down the halls with tears in my eyes and i can barely get myself to stay there all day. I just need some light on this decision i'm debating on making.

Wheelerswife

• Widowed x 2.
Re: FMLA
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 09:34:34 PM »
I took 6 weeks of FMLA after my first husband died. I went away and visited friends for a little of that time. I was exhausted from caregiving and his final hospitalization.

It was a good option for me. I worked with patients back then and I needed to be able to focus well enough.

Perhaps you can discuss this with HR?

Maureen
Life is short.  Love with all you've got. 

Barry 11/29/55-9/22/09       John  1/16/57-1/11/14

Empathy  Developer  Responsibility  Adaptability Connectedness

KimberlyMarie88

Re: FMLA
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 04:11:42 PM »
I have the form ready to be filled out by my Greif Counselor if I decide to. I don't know if it would be a good idea to have that much time on my hands. But, I was thinking about doing it to travel to some places we had been to (Probably self torture), or go to places he always wanted to go to. I really don't have a plan, I just know work is really hard.