Author Topic: Lost my wife 5 weeks ago  (Read 4642 times)

arneal

• The Starving Activist
Re: Lost my wife 5 weeks ago
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2016, 09:03:57 PM »
So sorry to hear about your wife, Kenneth. We are here for one another. Reach out as you feel led and know there are many of us going through a similar ache.
Andree'

Seek peace, and pursue it - Psalm 34:14b

Kenneth

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2016, 09:28:23 PM »
It has been 10 weeks today. While I don't break down and cry quite as much now and I started to eat a bit more (lost 45+ pounds so far) I'm still in disbelief and shock. I keep fantasizing she will have returned to me every time on my way home but she's never there...with the lack of support I have tried to join up with 3 different young widower support groups but they were all cancelled due to lack of participants so not sure what else to do. I'm still waiting for the "stone" to be finished, I'm not doing anything until that is all set. I'm glad to see so many people caring here, a little light in the otherwise permanent darkness. Still feel completely lost.

Kenneth

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2016, 09:55:52 PM »
Oh, most definitely! My Christopher and I talked the morning of February 1; he was fussing because the nurses and tech's wouldn't let him rest through the night, said he was tired and was going to take a nap, and would call me later. The next call from the hospital was from the doctor, telling me he was gone, so I still feel like I will get that call to come pick him up, just like in the past. I know that won't happen but every now and again ... Deep breaths, letting the tears fall when they do without apology, and we go on. This is my first attempt at a widow's group. Wish I'd known about something like this when I went through it the first time.
Andree'

Seek peace, and pursue it - Psalm 34:14b

Quixote

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2016, 10:35:13 PM »
Glad you checked back in.  Was wondering how you were doing.

Five years out, I still half expect to see my wife when I come home.  When I'm on the road, I want to call her.  The feeling never really goes away, but I'm not sure I'd want it to.

Kater

« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2016, 12:45:43 AM »
While I don't break down and cry quite as much now and I started to eat a bit more (lost 45+ pounds so far)

When someone comments on my weight loss, I tell them it's "the widow diet - highly effective, but not recommended" :)