Author Topic: Another piece of him is gone  (Read 1336 times)

MissingMyJon

Another piece of him is gone
« on: April 11, 2016, 10:52:57 PM »
My DH was a retail store manager in a small local mall.  I was walking in the mall today and I saw the store had closed.  The spot where he had spent so many hours is now vacant.  And I lost it.  Tears streamed down my face.  I couldn't believe it had closed.  And that I would never see his store again.  I haven't gone to that mall much, or been by his store much since he passed.  It always hurt to be there.  But every once in a while I would walk by, hoping beyond hope I would see a glimpse of him.  I knew he wasn't there, but I just missed him so.  It'll be two years at the end of the month, and I just needed to walk by and see his store, see a piece of him.  And now that has been taken as well.  The ironic thing is, I hated that store.  It is a small store, and so he ended up there all the time.  It took him away from me, from our family.  Now, I would give anything to still have it there.  Because that is where he always was.  A piece of him.  I wish I had known.  If I didn't have to pick up my kids, I would have curled up on the floor next to the store. 

Just needed to get that out.

Thanks.
Jon, your name is imprinted on my life.
I love you, baby.
9/16/1985 - 4/30/2014

SoVerySad

Re: Another piece of him is gone
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 12:51:17 AM »
I'm so sorry for pain of this trigger for you. Those unexpected ones can really hurt.

Sending you tight hugs...
Without you, Baby, I'm not me.

donswife

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 07:29:39 AM »
I am so sorry that must have been so hard to see
it gets so hard when pieces of the person we loved seem to be dissolving
take care 
My everything

MissingMyJon

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 05:53:46 AM »
Thank you both for your replies.

It is hard when those pieces disappear.
Jon, your name is imprinted on my life.
I love you, baby.
9/16/1985 - 4/30/2014

Taurus

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 05:15:32 AM »
Please know that we share your pain.

BrokenHeart2

• Widowed 2013
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 05:38:28 AM »
Awe, I'm so sorry.
I don't want it to be his legacy that his death destroyed me.
I need to honour his life by rebuilding my life.

kjs1989

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 07:43:23 AM »
It is so brutal when you lose a connection to your loved one. I get that. I am at the helm of D's business now, something I never had any interest in,  but it is a connection to him. I hope in a few years I will be ready to sell it because I just can't keep doing it, lucrative as it is.

Also lost D's dog to cancer last week,  which was soul wrenching. The kids and I felt like Boz carried D's energy within him. And now that is gone.

I'm so sorry. Hugs.