Author Topic: Good news  (Read 1376 times)

Portside

Good news
« on: May 24, 2016, 09:11:52 PM »
My youngest son called to let me know he graduated first in his class at his Naval missile training school today with honors. He also received a letter of commendation from the Officer in Charge of the school. He is pretty pleased with himself. He has not received hard orders yet but, as far as he knows, will report to a brand new guided missile destroyer at some point soon.

This pleases me immensely as he will no longer be doing hostile boardings onto smuggler's or enemy ships. (as far as I know).

Our kids have been through the wringer but they can be resilient as hell with our help and guidance.

Apparently the Navy trusts him to work on multi-million dollar missiles but I still worry when he asks to borrow the car when he is home on leave. Go figure.

Best wishes - Mike

The war is over for me now. But those of us who did make it have an obligation to build again, to teach to others what we know, and to try with what's left of our lives to find a goodness and a meaning to this life.

April

Re: Good news
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 09:21:23 PM »
That's awesome!! Congratulations!!! Can certainly relate to not letting them borrow the car!! 😂 They will always be babies to us!!

SoVerySad

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 12:02:33 AM »
Congratulations to you both!
Without you, Baby, I'm not me.

Sugarbell

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 09:39:59 AM »
Awesome news!!! Congratulations to you both!!!😊
B.W.H. 9/24/2007

trying2breathe

• Widowed August 2013
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 11:35:04 AM »
Really good news - congratulations to you both! 

Have I told you lately how much I love you?

Mrskro

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 09:58:11 AM »
Mike;

That is great news,  congrats to your son!  And thanks for ruining my thoughts that letting them drive gets easier  :P

Nuggets

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 09:59:36 AM »
Ahhhh, some of these offspring do well either because of their parenting, or in spite of their parenting!  LOL

Congratulations to your son for a job well done, congratulations to you for being so proud of him.
Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.

Isaac Asimov

Catnip

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 11:38:10 AM »
Wonderful news!

And thank him for me, please. A big thank you for being our go-to guy in keeping our country safe.
You left and forgot to tell my heart how to live without you.

newnormal14

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2016, 12:18:13 PM »
That is wonderful news!! Congratulations!!