Author Topic: This is why I love our community  (Read 1260 times)

PhotoJunkie

This is why I love our community
« on: March 18, 2015, 01:48:52 PM »
Yesterday I was having issues with stress, anxiety and panic attacks.  Without knowing I was having these issues, a member from our boards/chat sent me an awesome text message just to encourage me (granted she does this often but her timing yesterday was amazing)  Two members from the chat room also helped by one talking me off the ledge earlier in the day and calming me down, the second member got me to get some major things done that I had been panicking about.  today I have accomplished more than I have the past two days because of these three people. 

Not once was I laughed at, told it will be okay, patted on the head or made to see their problems are worse than mine (which I know in some cases they are)  They just nodded, hugged and encouraged.  Im so grateful to have this community in my life. 

Lynn

Jen

• Global Moderator
  • Jim: 7 April 1974-10 April 2014
Re: This is why I love our community
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 01:56:49 PM »
Im so grateful to have this community in my life. 

Me too, every single day. ((((HUGS))))
I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other. ~Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

"Dying is easy. Living is hard. ~George Washington, Hamilton

Carey

• Widowed 11/23/13 Joined YWBB 12/2/13
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 01:58:55 PM »
Special and unique devastation needs a special and unique place to go.  I'm very grateful for this little corner of the web too.
I can't look at the stars they make me wonder where you are. 
Stars.... up on heaven's boulevard
And if I know you at all
I know you've gone too far
 So I .... I can't look at the stars --Grace Potter

Momtojandj

• Widowed since 10/2012 . Living in NJ
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 06:15:29 PM »
I agree m we are a community . I had a huge panic attack at 3 am, posted it on old board. Within minutes 2 people sent me their cell number . Talked to one person, and all I needed was a diversion until medicine kicked in. I'm thankfull all the time for that kindness.
"To love another person is to see the face of God "

SimiRed

• Widowed 9-19-09 Joined YWBB 10-2009
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 07:22:19 AM »
This is my second "Home"... it's where I am most comfortable, surrounded by those who completely understand and don't judge!
~Tracey~
My wonderful husband Rick of 19 years, 12/11/67 - 9/20/09 Neuroendocrine cancer.
I still miss you everyday, I go forward, but my mind stands still.