Specific Situations > Young Widowed Parents

Out of my league parenting teens

<< < (7/7)

Abitlost:
Today I was venting about my son's disrespect toward me to a divorced friend who has 50/50 custody and a live-in aunt that helps with her two teens. My friend told me that my son can find somewhere else to live if he doesn't want to follow my house rules. I remind her that I am an only-living parent with zero family to lean on to which she replies, "he is using that against you and you let him". I do not *let* my son get away with his sh!t; I call him on it every single time. She thinks I should kick him out of the house at the age of 14 because he refuses to clean up after himself and talks back to me?? I just love the implication that I'm to blame. Love it.

MR:
I am speechless after going thru all the posts. Now I think I am lucky that my kids are not behaving same way. My elder is 19+ and lives at university. Last year after my wife death once he misbehaved that how he is going to lose a lecture because some rituals we had to do. I kept calm but gave him some peace of my mind while driving him back. Now he is good since then. The issue I have are not that big compared to what I read. My little one is 15 and her room is all unorganized the same way as earlier but her mom would clean. Now she doesn't want me to clean so she cleans whenever cleaning lady is scheduled which is normally every 2-3 weeks. Both kids are awake till late chatting with friends or studying. Hang in everyone what I have read is kids go away from parents for few years and then they are back with all and improved manners.

Hugs
Manoj

Abitlost:
Just updating this thread with a positive shift. When high school started, with it came a new attitude. He now thanks me, does (much) of what he is asked to do, stopped talking back to me, follows rules, and is generally a whole lot more pleasant. For now, all is good  ;D

MR:

--- Quote from: Abitlost on October 12, 2017, 01:17:34 PM ---Just updating this thread with a positive shift. When high school started, with it came a new attitude. He now thanks me, does (much) of what he is asked to do, stopped talking back to me, follows rules, and is generally a whole lot more pleasant. For now, all is good  ;D

--- End quote ---

Enjoy today i hope lasts forever.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version