Author Topic: 1000...  (Read 979 times)

SoVerySad

« on: July 05, 2016, 02:37:53 PM »
I've been slowly watching as our membership numbers have crept ever closer to 1000. I see that today we had our 1000th member join. I am truly glad all of you found this wonderful forum, which I hope will provide you some comfort, if only to know you are not alone. I don't know how I would have made it through the past 3 years without it (and its predecessor). I have also made some wonderful friends I likely would never have met without this forum.

Hitting the 1000 mark did cause me to shed some tears, though. I am so sad that so many others have had to endure this life-shattering experience. So much collective heartache, it takes my breath away to think about it. I am truly sorry any of you had reason to end up here, but eternally grateful this special place exists.

Sending a tight hug to each of you (feel free not to accept if it offends you as it is not my intent)...
Without you, Baby, I'm not me.

BrokenHeart2

• Widowed 2013
Re: 1000...
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 03:51:10 PM »
Awesome post SVS!!
I too don't know how I would have done this the past 3+ yrs either!  I have found comfort knowing I wasn't alone in this and that I wasn't loosing my mind.  To know that others have felt similar really helped me so much. I hope I was also, along the way to help bring a bit of comfort to others as well.
I call my wids my soft pillows to fall on.  My lovely down filled soft pillows!!
Hugs to all of you!
I don't want it to be his legacy that his death destroyed me.
I need to honour his life by rebuilding my life.

Taurus

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 02:48:31 AM »
I'm very glad I stumbled into this forum - it's the only one I've joined, even though I'm at the bottom of the globe. It's great to be part of a group whose diverse members know exactly what each of us is feeling over the loss of our soulmates.

Jen

• Global Moderator
  • Jim: 7 April 1974-10 April 2014
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 10:58:25 AM »
All the hugs. (((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))
I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other. ~Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

"Dying is easy. Living is hard. ~George Washington, Hamilton

WifeLess

• Global Moderator
  • Widowed: August 2009 Remarried: June 2013
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 03:50:19 PM »
SoVerySad,

Yes, 1000 heartbreaking stories and 1000 who potentially found comfort here. A bittersweet milestone.

--- WifeLess

TofinoMan

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 11:12:03 PM »
I am glad that I found it....and that you have made me feel welcome....not like a freak.
Thanks
I have a daughter named Boo, a dog called Stick, and a truck named Zane Grey. My neighbors think I am nuts when they hear me yell Boo and Stick get in Zane.
Best part is neighbors leave the crazy guy alone.....