Time Frame > Shock Wears Off, Reality Sets In ( 6 to 12 months)

Still sleeping on "your side" of the bed?

(1/4) > >>

Kater:
i have a king size bed and have stayed on my side.  I don't move around much when I sleep so am pretty much using only about a third of the bed (my 15 lb dog seems to enjoy and freely use the remaining two-thirds).  Sucks to change sheets on such a big bed when so little has been used.  I have changed little on his nightstand.  I did not even update his clock when the time changed...still feels like it is his still.

Just curious if you all are sticking to your side, or spreading out?

Wheelerswife:
I started sleeping on DH1's side of the bed the night he died. I stayed on his side even after getting married to my second DH. I'm still on DH1's side. Maybe I always will be?

Maureen

Trying:
I'm coming up on 3 years and have not crossed the imaginary in our king sized bed. I don't even think of it as much any more as his side of the bed, I think it's more of a habit after 20 years of marriage. 

daysofelijah:
I got rid of "our" bed this last winter. I didn't need a king sized bed anymore, no babies need to sleep with me anymore which was the main reason we moved to the king sized. Also it was too weird sharing the bed with someone else besides dh. So I "down-graded" to a nice queen sized and when bf is not here I sleep right in the middle. It took a long time to get to this point though.

Jen:
I got a new bed when I moved at about 9 months out, and I purposefully chose to sleep on the opposite side of what was "my" side-- so I guess I now sleep on "his" side, or what would have been, but he never saw this bed. I fill up the other side with pillows, books, and stuffed animals (don't judge me, lol) and I don't migrate much. I got new sheets, new pillows, and a new duvet... but here's something odd: sometimes I get into bed and it *smells* like him. Just for a minute-- I'm not trying to suggest anything paranormal here, but I can't figure out where it comes from. Odd, but vaguely comforting, so I don't try to hard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version