Author Topic: YWBB site is no more  (Read 5631 times)

Kamcho

Re: YWBB site is no more
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2015, 09:56:17 AM »
While I am sad for the hurt caused by this to others...

For me, personally, I feel liberated. There were details I over shared on the old board, and the removal of the ability to delete a post a few days after I posted or edit it to add something I missed, that was hard. Especially since only a few manipulative people were messing around. It felt like a violation.

Sometimes I did not want to share with generations of wids to come, I only wanted to share with the newbies of that cohort, or my cohort.

I am saddened I did not get to archive more than I did, I only had the chance to archive threads I had started, but overall I feel free of a lot of the agony of the past board.

lcoxwell

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2015, 10:02:40 AM »
I am saddened I did not get to archive more than I did, I only had the chance to archive threads I had started, but overall I feel free of a lot of the agony of the past board.

While I am saddened over the loss of YWBB, I am truly thankful for this new board and the "fresh start" it has given some people.  I am especially thankful that you (and others in similar circumstances) have the opportunity to be free of past agony.  There is definitely something to be said about letting go of painful experiences, thoughts, and words in our pasts.
"The highest tribute to the dead is not grief but gratitude." - Thornton Wilder

Thank you, my dearest Kenneth, for loving me and for giving me the best 13 years of my life.

Kamcho

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2015, 10:15:13 AM »
Thanks, L. It's still not "ok" how it went down, but here we are.

look2thesky

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2015, 10:34:25 AM »
I also wasn't fond of some of the rules on the old board.
"You cannot delete this". Many times I felt it was my writing(s), so why after rethinking can I not delete?
I think this is a much better forum already. Yes there are minor glitches, the page of pics freezes, and how to easily post or add a pic still confuses me, but it's SO much better.