Author Topic: Return to work?  (Read 1644 times)

jlhallgamer

Re: Return to work?
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2016, 05:47:04 AM »
Those stories are horrible. speaking of work though I left halfway through the day on Monday. I knew I was about to cry and I did  :(

twin_mom

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2016, 08:46:03 AM »
I went right back to work- he died on Saturday, funeral on Wednesday, and I went into the office on Friday. But... We knew he was dying and my kids are very routine based and their counselor said that it would be best to find our new normal as quickly as possible, so that's what we did. I found work was a great excuse to "take a break"from grieving. Grieving is exhausting and all consuming, and while I was at work I could put it aside and be "me" and do my thing. I also had a great work environment and would go out for walks if I needed some time.

Like pretty much everything that has to do with being a widow, everyone is on a different timetable. Do what is right for you.

hikermom

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2016, 06:27:36 PM »
My husband died on a Saturday, I returned on a Wednesday 1.5 weeks later. I was an ED of a small non-profit and I needed to do payroll. It was actually good for me - it gave me purpose and structure to my life after the unexpected death of my husband.

I was fortunate that I could set my own schedule and was already only part-time. I did need to leave that job for full-time employment with better benefits. I changed jobs after 4 months.

When there is employer flexibility, it is a very personal decision. I was never sorry that I went right back. For me, it would have gotten harder and harder to reenter work world. But that is me - good luck with your decision.
here is the deepest secret nobody knows ...
and this is the wonder that?s keeping the stars apart
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)
~ e.e.cummings