Author Topic: Boyfriends son  (Read 4686 times)

TooSoon

Re: Boyfriends son
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2015, 07:34:40 PM »
Whatever you do, do not use "significant other" at customs when trying to enter the UK.  I found myself in a protracted conversation with a very sarcastic customs agent.  He asked me the address where I was gonig to be staying and I said, "With my significant other.  I don't know the address.  He's outside waiting to pick me up."  and then felt the need to get into a long discourse over how significant could he be if I didn't know his address.  Oops.

Lately I've just been sticking with his first name.  Others can label it however they want to. 

My 8 year old loves to say "My Mommy has a booooooooooyyyyyyyyyyfriend!"  Often to complete strangers.  Nice.

nonesuch

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2015, 07:24:56 AM »
Someone who works in the health care industry told me this.

It's now quite common for the health care worker to look at the person who is accompanying the patient, and say,
"And you're...family?"

Melbar

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2015, 11:20:45 AM »
My daughter asked me if my BF and I were "dating... or, dating-dating," meaning is it serious.  So he and I joke about introducing each other as the man/woman we're DATING-dating.  I agree though, BF/GF sounds sooo young, especially after losing a husband of 18 years.

As for someone mistaking you as the mom, only go along with it if the child is being exceptionally good.   :)