Author Topic: I want it all.  (Read 2704 times)

mmg19

Re: I want it all.
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2016, 09:34:33 AM »
tybec,

Thank you for response.  I wasn't sure that my story was appropriate on your thread.  Your sincerity and honesty in knowing yourself touched my feelings.  Once I knew I could survive and even flourish on my own raising two boys, nothing less than "wanting it all" would work for me.  Best Wishes.

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2016, 11:30:55 AM »
tybec -- I think we may be twins lol! The posts here definitely give me hope about my NG and your story in particular is inspiring. I am enjoying the moment and look forward to deeper discussions with him about what's next. However, I'm not getting hung up on what might never be because today's aren't even promised. It's nice to be happy in some form after so much loss ...
Andree'

Seek peace, and pursue it - Psalm 34:14b

singinmomo4

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2016, 12:49:46 AM »
I want it all too.  Seven years and I don't see it happening anytime soon.  Someone else and I tried and it didn't work out.  I've learned from it though that I don't want FWB and I don't want part time so I'm willing to wait for the real thing.  I guess it will happen if it's supposed to and if not, I'm fine with that too.  I'm not willing to settle.  My heart has a lot of love to give and waiting for someone willing to give as much as I am is worth the wait.  It will be awesome when it happens. 

Tybec, it sounds like he is on the same wave length, since he talks about a future.  I would let it go a bit longer but maybe just talk with him about what kind of future he sees, just in the normal course of talking.  If he is looking for a future with you, I wouldn't rush it.  Both of you need to be on the same page with neither trying to push the other into something faster than they are ready.  Good luck Tybec!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 12:58:47 AM by singinmomo4 »
Rick, an amazing husband, father, fisherman & fisher of men with a servants heart who served God every day. ReRe, miss your smile & twinkle in your eye.

Bear Shannon

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2016, 02:54:24 PM »
I want a girlfriend (NOT FWB) that lives close, but I cannot do the whole cohabitation thing. I tried to be someone I'm not, for love, which is truly a bad idea.
Peace ~ Bear

Laurie RIP (Married 1980 .. Widowed 2005)

"Grief can destroy you -- or focus you. You can decide a relationship was all for nothing if it had to end in death, and you alone. OR you can realize that every moment of it had more meaning than you dared to recognize at the time, so much meaning it scared you, so you just lived, just took for granted the love and laughter of each day, and didn't allow yourself to consider the sacredness of it."
~ Odd Thomas (Dean Kootnz)

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2016, 06:22:38 PM »
Bear -- you make a great point. It's important that we be ourselves. I agree that FWB is not for me but I am not against living together. I remember telling my mom when I decided to live with my first husband that I needed to know if he had bad habits, like hanging his underwear on the dining room doorknob. She didn't approve but had to laugh.  ;D
Andree'

Seek peace, and pursue it - Psalm 34:14b

Bear Shannon

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2016, 09:06:04 PM »
Bear -- you make a great point. It's important that we be ourselves. I agree that FWB is not for me but I am not against living together. I remember telling my mom when I decided to live with my first husband that I needed to know if he had bad habits, like hanging his underwear on the dining room doorknob. She didn't approve but had to laugh.  ;D

Bear at 24 (when I married Laurie) had different wants and needs than Bear at 60.
Peace ~ Bear

Laurie RIP (Married 1980 .. Widowed 2005)

"Grief can destroy you -- or focus you. You can decide a relationship was all for nothing if it had to end in death, and you alone. OR you can realize that every moment of it had more meaning than you dared to recognize at the time, so much meaning it scared you, so you just lived, just took for granted the love and laughter of each day, and didn't allow yourself to consider the sacredness of it."
~ Odd Thomas (Dean Kootnz)