Author Topic: 5 Months. A lifetime. A Day  (Read 2238 times)

beth_krkswidow

Re: 5 Months. A lifetime. A Day
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2017, 04:32:50 PM »
Still haven't mooved a thing, but. But. It isn't as dark. Iit truly is softer here at almost 18 months. I  never would have believed that. Never.
"Until my last breath, I loved you more than life itself." ~Kirk, in his envelope to be opened only upon his death.  And now I to you, My Love, until my last breath...

beth_krkswidow

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2018, 08:03:21 PM »
At 20 months it has finally truly gotten softer. People here said it would. I didn't believe them. But it has.  I no longer want to drive off a cliff. I  still have no purpose to l7ve. Maybe that's what's next
"Until my last breath, I loved you more than life itself." ~Kirk, in his envelope to be opened only upon his death.  And now I to you, My Love, until my last breath...

jeudi

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2018, 10:45:51 PM »
Glad you are reporting in. And that you are feeling a lessening of the overpowering feelings of grief. I've come to realize how important our grief is. I truly believe it is what we must go through after such a loss.

I was widowed 15 years ago. I still have moments when I feel loss and while I no longer feel overwhelmed by these feelings it still hurts.

Can I tell you that at 15 years life is pretty darned wonderful again? Please, please continue to be patient with yourself. A different life is still a gratifying life. I built mine one brick at a time- really just one little piece at a time. It has really hard but it has truly been worth it.

Judy
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 10:54:53 PM by jeudi »

beth_krkswidow

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2018, 07:22:05 AM »
Wow. Thank you Judy.
15 years,
I never thought I would make it a year.
Thank you so much