Author Topic: 6 months today? Can't stop crying  (Read 1896 times)

beth_krkswidow

Re: 6 months today? Can't stop crying
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2016, 09:50:09 PM »
Thanks,  everyone.
Camila, we're so close in time. You lost your husband the day I buried mine.
It just doesn't get any better.

When am I going to wake up?
"Until my last breath, I loved you more than life itself." ~Kirk, in his envelope to be opened only upon his death.  And now I to you, My Love, until my last breath...

Skitwin

• I love you so much honey.
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2016, 12:55:42 AM »
The timetable on this forum is not set in stone. God knows I took WAY longer than most to move through my stages. Don't pressure yourself. I cried every day for at least 3 years. That's how I healed. Give yourself some slack here.

beth_krkswidow

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2016, 10:26:20 AM »
Thank you.  I do not think I have "progressed" at all.  I am past the 6 month mark, but as far as I'm concerned, it happened yesterday. 
"Until my last breath, I loved you more than life itself." ~Kirk, in his envelope to be opened only upon his death.  And now I to you, My Love, until my last breath...

mbanyard

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2016, 09:00:08 PM »
I think we all feel like that Beth....it's the most unfathomable, unbelievable thing that it's hard for our brains to truly grasp it.

I know in every inch of my being that my DH is gone and has been gone since July, but that didn't stop me from coming home today and wanting to come in and tell him something; my brain just "forgot" for a second.

It's hard and I don't think it'll ever go away, but I think we will all, in our own time, find a way to shoulder our burden and put our feet one in front of the other so we can move forward. That's what I'm trying to do each day....put one foot in front of the other and make some form of progress forward. It's the only way I know how to deal with this.

Sending you virtual hugs at this most terrible time of the year.

MB
We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same....and I choose strong!

beth_krkswidow

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2016, 09:23:13 PM »
Thank you, MB. 

We are dog people and have 2 huge dogs; but a few years ago, a cat showed up and we, dyed in the wool dog people who would never own a cat, now have 2 huge dogs and one cat.  Anyway, I was scooping the cat litter today, and thought, we need more cat litter in here.  The brand new container is out in the garage.  I'll have to ask him to bring it in for me....

Yes, I understand what you are saying.  I know with every ounce of my being that he is gone, as you said, but I still can't believe he is never ever ever coming back.  That just absolutely does not compute.  Someone said it's our brain protecting us from the reality, which is too horrible to bear as of yet.

Virtual hugs back at you; and thanks so much