Author Topic: 2017...what will be different/better for you?  (Read 1981 times)

widowat33

Re: 2017...what will be different/better for you?
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2017, 01:45:40 PM »
It's great to read all these.
I'm starting 2017 in a new relationship, the first one since my dh died. I am not sure what will happen there, so I am going to focus on what I can make better/different for the year ahead.
I am going to take care of myself better. Yes I am doing the traditional resolution of eating better and exercising more, but it's more than that. I am going to be kinder to myself. I am going to stop putting myself down and instead focus on my strengths and work on my weaknesses. I want to learn more, maybe take some courses in my field and build up my knowledge. I am going to learn how to play guitar, I love music and have a guitar so why not learn how to play it. I am going to spend less time online and more time enjoying life. Read more books. Take more pictures. Spend more time with family and friends.

Quixote

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2017, 04:40:39 PM »
Inspiring posts, everyone. It's that need we have to look forward when truthfully, most of us would give anything to roll back the clock.  I know I've felt that way until recently

But put me down for "I'd never thought I'd say this but..." this new year seems to have shattered that with an increasingly serious relationship with a formerly platonic friend I've known for years, but just recently allowed myself to look at romantically.  Longer story than I have space for here, and no doubt longer than the non involved have interest in :).  2017 looks to be a more exciting-- and truthfully, occasionally difficult-- year than I had expected. 

And yet I feel happy for the first time in a long time.

Wheelerswife

• Widowed x 2.
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2017, 05:00:16 PM »
Inspiring posts, everyone. It's that need we have to look forward when truthfully, most of us would give anything to roll back the clock.  I know I've felt that way until recently

But put me down for "I'd never thought I'd say this but..." this new year seems to have shattered that with an increasingly serious relationship with a formerly platonic friend I've known for years, but just recently allowed myself to look at romantically.  Longer story than I have space for here, and no doubt longer than the non involved have interest in :).  2017 looks to be a more exciting-- and truthfully, occasionally difficult-- year than I had expected. 

And yet I feel happy for the first time in a long time.

I just love this post! 

Maureen
Life is short.  Love with all you've got. 

Barry 11/29/55-9/22/09       John  1/16/57-1/11/14

Empathy  Developer  Responsibility  Adaptability Connectedness

Ursula

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2017, 07:19:35 PM »
Maureen, yours is the first post I am reading this year and you are and always have been an inspiration!! Your upbeat post is a joy to read.
I haven't thought about what will be different in 2017 but realise that my thoughts start to wander where they have not been in a long long time and I know I can continue albeit with a very broken heart and a dark shadow hanging over me. But I have a child to raise and I try to be a decent mum. 
I am trying to continue to grow as a human being, to be able to be kind and to live and let live trying to give a little where I can, because I can and because it is free all the while I am working and doing all sorts of things that I can enjoy. The sad moments in between are fewer now.

Good luck to everybody, may you continue to heal.
PS; I would never have thought that I will be writing this, so I guess this is progress..
Por que tu fuego a?n me quema, sin ti las noches son eternas,
tu aroma sigue aqu?, no me deja ir.. Por m?s que intente y quiera olvidarte, yo nunca lograre dejarte, cautivo de este amor sincero esclavo de tu voz.. Por que estoy am?ndote, so??ndose, aunque no est?s aqu?..
Y yo te esperare, amor aunque los a?os lleguen sin querer (Marc Anthony)

TofinoMan

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2017, 08:41:30 PM »
I have lost weight and didn't even go on a diet.
Yay lol
I have a daughter named Boo, a dog called Stick, and a truck named Zane Grey. My neighbors think I am nuts when they hear me yell Boo and Stick get in Zane.
Best part is neighbors leave the crazy guy alone.....

Sugarbell

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2017, 02:41:46 PM »
We are living in a new town new house ( Actually my childhood hometown but I haven't lived here in 26 years--so it seems new)

Much more social...getting outta Stepford and back around a more diverse (not real diverse, but much better than Stepford) has helped me. Back with old friends...kids are busier than ever..I work everyday..its been challenging. Seeing someone again...but I have been dating on and off for years. But its stable and I am happy.

I am much healthier since we moved..and started out 2017 15 lbs lighter than I started out 2016. My brother is a trainer at the local gym...so I am there every evening..and my kids work out too. We are all in much better shape. Kids thriving. I have added secondary and special education certifications to my teaching credentials...teaching long term position in a very rural and very poor school. But I love it!

Just more at peace in 2017....2016 I worked my ass off to get to this place/point. Now I am just enjoying how far we have come.
B.W.H. 9/24/2007