Author Topic: You might have "Widda Brain" if....  (Read 11645 times)

Mangomom

• Widowed 8/10/12
Re: You might have "Widda Brain" if....
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2015, 05:50:34 AM »
You might have widda brain if...  every time this thread pops up you remember that you posted earlier about forgetting your registration for the vehicle after reading lcoxwell's post about an envelope in a car days ago.  Then you promptly forget that you still need to find the damn registration.

Great.  I am now using you people as my reminder feature on my computer...

Trying

• aka MissingmyTim
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2015, 07:17:19 AM »
You might have widda brain if you need to write yourself a "to do" list of places to stop on your way home from work, don't even realize you left it at home until you get home from work and see it sitting on the desk.  Then you add two more items and forget the list again the next day. 
You will forever be my always.

swilson

• Widower since Sept. 2014
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2015, 12:53:28 PM »
The skillet you slid into the oven to hide from company sets off the smoke detector later in the week when you pre-heat the oven for a TV dinner.  ::)
~ she's gone to Heaven so I've got to be good, so I can see my baby when I leave this world ~

marjoe

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2015, 04:51:24 PM »
If you try to change the channels on your tv with your cell phone and - then wonder why the heck nothings happening.
If you double, then triple check to make sure everything is off before you head off to work. And make sure the key is in your hand before you lock the door behind you.
If you talk to yourself like a therapist. And then answer yourself.

Mangomom

• Widowed 8/10/12
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2015, 04:54:35 PM »
You might have widda brain if...  every time this thread pops up you remember that you posted earlier about forgetting your registration for the vehicle after reading lcoxwell's post about an envelope in a car days ago.  Then you promptly forget that you still need to find the damn registration.

Great.  I am now using you people as my reminder feature on my computer...
And guess what came in the mail today?  The finalized registration.  So, I filled it out, wrote a check AND mailed it, all with no recollection.  I made sure to put it right in the glove box.  Now I'm off to find the Calgon...

Munsen

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2015, 07:03:05 PM »
If you go to the grocery store then pull into your garage and forget the afore-mentioned groceries in the vehicle...until a day or two later when you start wondering what happened to the ice cream you'd gone to the store to get...

Taking out the garbage and leaving one door wide open (as you were going to come back in that way) then decided to go back in through a different door (for no reason just forgot what door you came out, I guess!), then wondered why house was getting cold...till you discovered the first door still hanging open...

Turned on the ensuite shower while I ran downstairs to get something; then forgot about my plans to shower until later in the day when I went upstairs to get something else and found the shower still running...

I have also forgotten sprinkler lines on for hours. And have forgotten to pay taxes or bills. Or left something on in my vehicle until the battery ran dry.

Widda brain is not a good life skill.. :(
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 10:41:10 PM by Munsen »

lcoxwell

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2015, 09:24:43 PM »
If you go to the grocery store then pull into your garage and forget the afore-mentioned groceries in the vehicle...until a day or two later when you start wondering what happened to the ice cream you'd gone to the store get...

Oh, my goodness!  I did this exact same thing, not once, but TWICE, recently!
"The highest tribute to the dead is not grief but gratitude." - Thornton Wilder

Thank you, my dearest Kenneth, for loving me and for giving me the best 13 years of my life.

Wheelerswife

• Widowed x 2.
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2015, 09:26:54 PM »
I don't forget ice cream.  Everything else...maybe.
:D
Maureen
Life is short.  Love with all you've got. 

Barry 11/29/55-9/22/09       John  1/16/57-1/11/14

Empathy  Developer  Responsibility  Adaptability Connectedness

Munsen

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2015, 10:43:17 PM »
I don't forget ice cream.  Everything else...maybe.
:D
Maureen

Lol...spoken like a true ice cream aficionado :D

RobFTC

• Lost Michelle to ovarian cancer 2010/11/07
    • Celtic Journeys radio show
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2015, 11:02:05 PM »
... if you take your car keys out of your pocket before a bike ride, and then later want go to the store in said car, but can't get why the pushbutton start is not cooperative (this happened today and once last weekend!)

Take care,
Rob T
There was something fishy about the butler.  I think he was a Pisces, probably working for scale.

gracelet

• Eerily Cheerily - upbeat but sarcastic musings of a young lesbian widow
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2015, 11:33:33 AM »
...you find your laundry detergent in the fridge and the milk in the cupboard.
Musings of this sarcastic but upbeat young widow can be read here : www.eerilycheerily.com

MrsMisterman

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2015, 01:56:51 PM »
I just filed all my federal and state tax forms.  Fun times! I'm sure it took me 3 times as long as a non- widow.

And the program does the math!
And I have loved you wild.

Ever thine. Ever mine. Ever ours. KLM 7/11/55 to 4/24/12

CBB

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2015, 04:30:06 PM »
You know you have widow brain when you start filling your sink full of hot water for dishes and the phone rings and you forget said water running and wander off to another room while talking on the phone. You end the conversation and hear a really strange noise coming from the kitchen and it dawns on you and now you have a lake in your kitchen!

You go out to start your car in the winter because you want it warmed before you leave and then you decide not to go and you forget your car is still running for like 4 hours! Been there , done that.

I am a big list writer but always manage to forget the lists! I should just give that up completely!

All of these things on this thread I have probably done at least once maybe more. I hope this condition improves!

Cyndi

I am different! How could I not be?

ThalginsLuv

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2015, 11:59:48 AM »
You might have widow brain if.... You wake up groggy because you hear something that sounds like the garbage truck is on the next street over. But yet you think, nawwww tomorrow's garbage day and I must put it out because the can is full. So you roll over and look at your phone and it says that today is Wednesday... you know... YOUR GARBAGE DAY! So you scream "Holy F" and start racing around the house for some assemblance of clothes. Your wonderful daughter wakes up and rushes with you because she wants to help. We end up outside in the freezing cold morning wearing our stylish outfits that screams "ode to homeless/trailer trash/hangover", struggling together to move the trash can around the car. We get it on the curb just in time for the garbage man to see us in our complete glory in our stylish clothes, un-brushed bedhead hair, and miss matched shoes. Yep we must of looked really hot.

You might have widow brain if later the same day as mentioned above you drive near where your daughter has her guitar lessons and think, "I have to take daughter there tomorrow for her Wednesday lesson." Then of course TODAY is Wednesday and her lesson was 90 minutes ago.

lcoxwell

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2015, 11:45:07 PM »
You might have widow brain if.... You wake up groggy because you hear something that sounds like the garbage truck is on the next street over. But yet you think, nawwww tomorrow's garbage day and I must put it out because the can is full. So you roll over and look at your phone and it says that today is Wednesday... you know... YOUR GARBAGE DAY! So you scream "Holy F" and start racing around the house for some assemblance of clothes. Your wonderful daughter wakes up and rushes with you because she wants to help. We end up outside in the freezing cold morning wearing our stylish outfits that screams "ode to homeless/trailer trash/hangover", struggling together to move the trash can around the car. We get it on the curb just in time for the garbage man to see us in our complete glory in our stylish clothes, un-brushed bedhead hair, and miss matched shoes. Yep we must of looked really hot.

This is hysterical!  I have a wonderful mental picture of you, your daughter, your "ode to homeless/trailer trash/hangover" clothes, and all your shining glory, trying to beat the garbage truck.  I've made that mad dash, a time or two, myself, thanks to my own "Widda brain".  The last time I did, I went out with unbrushed hair, no shoes, skimpy pajamas, and NO BRA! I made it with seconds to spare, but I am pretty sure the garbage man got a clear view of my "bodacious ta-tas" (as my sister would say). I was mortified, but he at least grinned and waved. Of course, I don't know if he was grinning, because I looked so ridiculous, or because he liked my boobs.  ;D
"The highest tribute to the dead is not grief but gratitude." - Thornton Wilder

Thank you, my dearest Kenneth, for loving me and for giving me the best 13 years of my life.