Author Topic: 3 years ago...  (Read 1263 times)

Wheelerswife

• Widowed x 2.
3 years ago...
« on: January 07, 2017, 11:35:46 AM »
...we had our last full day together.  The next day, I flew to the east coast to see wid friends.  I had no idea he would die in his sleep just a few days later - alone.

In many ways, I am doing better.  Much better, in fact - but I am already feeling the punch to the gut as these last days before the anniversary of his death and then his birthday approaching 5 days later. 

He has been dead longer than we were actually married, yet the impact he had on my life was colossal. 

The next year will bring more changes - transitions that will come because of the influence he had on my life and the opportunities I was afforded because of our connection.  But these transitions should have occurred right here with him.

I was in a completely different life - one I barely recognize now - almost 7 years ago when he and I started a conversation that led to a beautiful and intense love affair.  We knew from prior loss that we had to live life to the fullest - and we did.  Nothing was ever left undone or unsaid, and for that I am left without regrets.

So...3 years ago today, we made sure we spent as much of the day together as we could, reviewed our life together, made love, fell asleep in each others arms, and I woke the next day and flew east.  My last contact with him was a Facetime conversation just hours before he went to sleep for the last time.  My last day with him was January 7th.  My last kiss was January 8th.  The last time I saw his smile was January 10th. 

Savor everything.

Thanks for letting me spill my heart.

Maureen

Life is short.  Love with all you've got. 

Barry 11/29/55-9/22/09       John  1/16/57-1/11/14

Empathy  Developer  Responsibility  Adaptability Connectedness

Amor

• Amor Para Siempre
Re: 3 years ago...
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 12:43:42 PM »
I am happy you were able to savor the moments you had together and that he could be in your life!
Wishing you peace today and fr years to come.
Amor

RobFTC

• Lost Michelle to ovarian cancer 2010/11/07
    • Celtic Journeys radio show
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 03:58:26 PM »
Hugs, Maureen.

Take care,
Rob T
There was something fishy about the butler.  I think he was a Pisces, probably working for scale.

donswife

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 05:28:47 PM »
Beautiful post Maureen
Hugs to you
take care
My everything

WifeLess

• Global Moderator
  • Widowed: August 2009 Remarried: June 2013
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 07:30:36 PM »
Maureen,

Along with many other YWBB friends, Bluebird and I were in disbelief that January three years ago when we heard the shocking news. Since all of us had already experienced our loss, there was the prevailing belief that this could not happen so soon after. How wrong we were. And how cruel life has been to you. So unfair.

--- WifeLess

« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 10:31:29 AM by WifeLess »

SunshineFL

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 12:04:21 PM »
Dear Maureen -  xoxo

Your words and heartfelt sharing of your truth are pulling at my heartstrings right now as I read, so I wanted to join in with the other lovely wishes shared so far and send you the warmest cyber(((hug))) from Florida straight to you.

Whenever I come across someone IRL who is acting or making decisions (or indecisions as it were) based on an expectation of a tomorrow - I think of your experience (well, all of ours honestly), and the precious gift of every day.  How you two so clearly knew that truth, joined together with such love and honor and appreciation of each other every day, and as you so beautifully said: "We knew from prior loss that we had to live life to the fullest - and we did.  Nothing was ever left undone or unsaid, and for that I am left without regrets."  ...a reminder gift to us all - thank you.

Wish I could give you that hug in person, but if any of your wonderful travels has you venturing south to the Sunshine State, you know to please let me know - we'll take a long walk on the edge of the earth along the beach together and soak in some friend time.

Peaceful wishes today and always,
-SunshineFL

Trying

• aka MissingmyTim
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 01:50:01 PM »
Big hugs to you Maureen...
You will forever be my always.

Viva

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 09:55:53 AM »
Big hugs to you Maureen.

It was my DH’s few days ago and he died 2 weeks later....I am approaching 3 years soon as well...
Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven?
Would it be the same
If I saw you in heaven?

Ursula

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2017, 09:49:18 PM »
Maureen, can' t say more than 'thinking of you'. Your little list of the last things that matter says it all.
hugs
Por que tu fuego a?n me quema, sin ti las noches son eternas,
tu aroma sigue aqu?, no me deja ir.. Por m?s que intente y quiera olvidarte, yo nunca lograre dejarte, cautivo de este amor sincero esclavo de tu voz.. Por que estoy am?ndote, so??ndose, aunque no est?s aqu?..
Y yo te esperare, amor aunque los a?os lleguen sin querer (Marc Anthony)

Virgo

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2017, 02:02:20 PM »
Beautiful post Maureen ((hugs))

My 3 years was February 4th and his birthday was January 28th. He died one week after his 39th birthday.
Jen

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss