Time Frame > Shock Wears Off, Reality Sets In ( 6 to 12 months)

Tattoos

(1/3) > >>

LeahRoot84:
Me and my husband had this thing going where, Everytime we crossed paths with something in nature, we would get it tattooed. I have gotten a few things tattooed but haven't gotten everything. The biggest significance for me and him were butterflies. Never failed, Everytime we were together, we had butterflies around us.

I may continue the tradition we had. It could be a positive.

Julester3:
I got a memorial tattoo after my husband died, about 3 months after. I never felt the need to before then but was never against it. Now I always have him with me in our own mutual way that most people wouldn't understand. They don't need to as it's mine alone. I intend to get another when I can make the time.

LeahRoot84:
I want a memorial tattoo as well. I would like to get a suicide prevention ribbon but I'm always coming across other things I think he would have liked. I'm so indecisive. I'm thinking it may come to me eventually. I just hope it doesn't take long!

mbanyard:

--- Quote from: Julester3 on January 17, 2017, 03:09:14 PM ---I got a memorial tattoo after my husband died, about 3 months after.
--- End quote ---

I did too. You're right...people don't understand, but I really don't need them too either.

Do what you feel is right for you....and don't worry about what another soul thinks of it!

MB

widowat33:
I also got a memorial tattoo about a month after he died. I don't regret it at all.
A few months ago I also got a Phoenix tattoo on my thigh. I kind of like the story of rising from the ashes to become stronger as I feel that is exactly what all widows/widowers do.
I say it's your body and to hell with what people think if it is something you want to do, do it! I'm working on designs for my 7th tattoo right now :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version