Author Topic: 3 Years Ago Today......  (Read 1407 times)

Viva

3 Years Ago Today......
« on: January 21, 2017, 12:48:43 PM »
3 years ago today, I saw my DH alive for the last time. Watching him leaving me in a heart beat was the most heartbreaking moment in my life. I remember that evening was so cold and I was alone in the emergency room when I was told by a doctor, "I am sorry....we have tried our best". My head went blank and could not believe for what I heard. That moment was still very clear in my mind...even after 3 years.

Life without him was extremely hard especially for the first two years. I cried before I went to sleep every single night for almost 2 years. Now 3 years passed by, I start to get used to the "forced to be single" life again. Everything seems going back to normal again but I still miss him every single day. I don't cry very often now but today......I cannot stop my tears......

I just miss him a lot a lot today...... :'( :'( :'(
Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven?
Would it be the same
If I saw you in heaven?

Wheelerswife

• Widowed x 2.
Re: 3 Years Ago Today......
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 02:01:11 PM »
Hugs to you, Viva. I just passed the 3rd anniversary of my second husband's death 10 days ago.  I understand all that you say. I'm marching forward, unwilling at times. This isn't the life I expected, but it is the life I have right now. I shed tears with you.

Maureen
Life is short.  Love with all you've got. 

Barry 11/29/55-9/22/09       John  1/16/57-1/11/14

Empathy  Developer  Responsibility  Adaptability Connectedness

Julester3

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 06:11:11 PM »
Thinking of you today....hugs.

Captains wife

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 06:49:19 AM »
Sometimes it just seems so surreal what has happened -it sounds like you lost your husband suddenly...I did too. And I walked around in shock for about a year after that. I'm sorry you are missing him - at 5 years I am getting more back to "normal" every day but I get these twinges of really missing him and so wishing we could have at least had one more conversation. A good cry often helps....Sending widow support.

TooSoon

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 08:38:35 AM »
Tomorrow is my 4th.  Somewhere in year one, I made up my mind that we were going to live again and that's what we're doing but it has been a long, tiring, and above all confusing road that just seems to go on and on and on, with odd triggers still catching me by surprise.  I guess there is a weight I will always carry with me now.  A loss of an innocence I guess I was fortunate to enjoy for as long as I did.

Wishing you peace.  And sending love.

Trying

• aka MissingmyTim
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 08:52:09 AM »
Hugs to you on this difficult day, I hope memories of happier times together can push aside the memory of that last awful day.
You will forever be my always.

Virgo

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2017, 02:06:02 PM »
Hugs to you Viva. My 3 years was February 4th. I'm struggling right now with the "forced to be single" life too. I miss him and being half of a couple.
Jen

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

Viva

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 07:01:58 PM »
Thanks for all your support and I am thankful to have this forum to help me getting through of that difficult time. I think our lives will have some colors again with our spouses’ love. They will always in our hearts.

((Hugs))

P.S. Captains wife, yes...I lost my husband suddenly because he had a heart attack.
Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven?
Would it be the same
If I saw you in heaven?

jgib

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 01:31:54 PM »
It was my 3 years on January 31st.  It was the worst anniversary yet for me.  I think because I am not numb anymore.
I am like you, I have mostly adjusted to the forced single life. I thought the anniversaries would get easier so this one was a bit of a shock.

sojourner

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 05:47:00 PM »
Viva, my thoughts are with you; peace to you.

At first the only memories I could come up with of late DH were of his passing, replaying over and over. At almost 3 years myself, other, softer, memories have resurfaced and are mostly what now come to mind as I think of him. But I still have that clear, sharp memory of his death, as well. And as I get closer to that anniversary myself, it comes back more and more.