Author Topic: Do we get more than one great love?  (Read 2511 times)

wecouldbeheros

Re: Do we get more than one great love?
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2017, 02:51:34 PM »
As a matter of my thinking, what we perceived and experienced as happiness, was taken. The magnitude, if I think too hard, is depressing. Many of my thoughts are purposely "blacked" out, because I never can have that again. Hopefully I will see be or have the chance to relive that happiness, even on a different level, with someone else. It will never take away the memories I choose as past happiness.
Mizpah you are right on I believe.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 02:53:39 PM by wecouldbeheros »

RobFTC

• Lost Michelle to ovarian cancer 2010/11/07
    • Celtic Journeys radio show
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2017, 09:21:07 AM »
Hi Mizpah,

You think your observations are unromantic, but I disagree.  Seeing that true romance is what you can build together with another person, how you can grow together into one great union, how a future mate need not be someone you trek to Timbuktu to meet, but can be someone closer at hand - that seems more true to me.

Take care,
Rob T
There was something fishy about the butler.  I think he was a Pisces, probably working for scale.

PeaceLoveLinny

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2017, 01:43:55 PM »
"I say now I have a starfish heart, that we all do.  The arm was gone, destroyed, lost, dead, when DH died.  But it grew back, gradually, different but just as big, just as useful, just as full."

@Mizpah I love this analogy.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 01:48:03 PM by PeaceLoveLinny »

Christopher

• I came, I saw, I tried... I left.
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2017, 04:13:18 PM »
Only answering the topic and original post

Simple answer with complex connotations: Yes.

Yes, we do.