Author Topic: Continuing My Beginning of the End Thread  (Read 4320 times)

lcoxwell

Re: Continuing My Beginning of the End Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2015, 11:30:36 PM »
As difficult as it was and still is there is something truly beautiful about being here to help ease the passage of your love, give them the comfort they need as they leave us and hold them as they take their final breath.  To me it was a gift, not only my final gift to him but a gift to me.

Wishing you peace today.

This was beautifully worded.  I, too, feel like I was given an incredible gift by being there through those final days.
"The highest tribute to the dead is not grief but gratitude." - Thornton Wilder

Thank you, my dearest Kenneth, for loving me and for giving me the best 13 years of my life.

lcoxwell

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2015, 11:36:04 PM »
I'm not just saying this .. tears are literally flowing as I read this. What courage and strength and what a wonderful wife you are to him. It sounds utterly heartbreaking, but in another way, a gift.  To be able to know that everything had been said that needed to, that he knew how you felt, he knew you were there, those were priceless days and I am so glad you have taken the time to write them. Your writing speaks volumes of the love between you and your Kenneth.

^^^^Thank you for writing this.  I really cannot even begin to tell you what a precious gift it is, to know that we had the chance to say all that needed to be said.

Thank you, my dearest Kenneth, for loving me and for giving me the best 13 years of my life.

lcoxwell

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2015, 11:43:44 PM »
I am sorry for all that you have had to endure.

Thank you, Stargazer.  I am sorry for all that you, I, and everyone else, who is here, has had to endure.  I cannot explain why I felt the need to share Kenneth's final days, as I have, but I hope that by sharing, it somehow honored him and his memory.