Author Topic: Fighting a panic attack  (Read 1414 times)

arneal

• The Starving Activist
Re: Fighting a panic attack
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2017, 04:04:16 PM »
Hugs, Bunny. Some of what you shared reminded me of my first husband. He was abusive to me and our son before he died ... eventually I got to a place of being glad he was away from his own demons as well.
Andree'

Seek peace, and pursue it - Psalm 34:14b

Trying

• aka MissingmyTim
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2017, 05:07:32 PM »
No hijack at all!  FiancĂ© doesn't have PTSD or an abusive upbringing but obviously has issues regarding medical care.  I would like him to get to the root of it for both of our sakes since we are not getting any younger and there is a strong likelyhood of more medical appointments in our future.

He has been really trying hard to make it up to me since but while I appreciate he acknowledges it I would rather he work on not letting it happen again.
You will forever be my always.

wecouldbeheros

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2017, 06:03:40 PM »
Communicating to him. Letting him know it's not ok because it caused you distress. If it happens again take yourself to the appointments, and see how fast it stops.

trying2breathe

• Widowed August 2013
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2017, 11:01:04 AM »
I get it - I take my elderly father to his cardiac appointments, which is very triggering for me.  Although a much different relationship, my father is grumpy and unappreciative even on his best days.

Despite being told how distressing it can be to be in our shoes, I don't think that others can ever fully understand the impact of what we go through.

Wishing better days ahead for you, Trying.
Have I told you lately how much I love you?

Lmsmdm

• Joined Ywbb July/2011
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2017, 07:58:50 PM »
I will never forget taking care of Big Guy, and he was treating me awful.....I flipped out, said I don't get it...you were down right flirty with the nurses and yet you're treating me like shit!!! His response was priceless ha ha ha...."but woman, I had to be nice, they were wiping my ass...." as I was snapping on the rubber glove to do just that. Needless to say, I might have gotten a little rough, and he saw the light 😂...hugs to you, and hope you're able to work it out
You hate me don't you? Yup, so much I married you twice! :)