Encouragement > Books, Quotes, Poems, and Songs

Books - Resource and Good Reads

<< < (3/3)

DansSoulmate:
I wanted to share that I just finished "American Wife" by Taya Kyle, Chris Kyle's widow, and have so much respect for her.  Her thoughts on the grief process really resonated with me.  While I have had a tough time this last year, reading her story certainly reminded me that others have far bigger challenges in their grief journey.

Sirin:
"Confessions of a Mediocre Widow: Or, How I Lost My Husband and My Sanity" by Catherine Tidd really touched me.

SunshineFL:
In reading my Sunday e-newsletter of Brain Pickings (www.brainpickings.org - wonderful every single week, no affiliation), the lead essay got my attention:

"Seneca on Grief and the Key to Resilience in the Face of Loss:

https://tinyurl.com/y73g2hrn

And it is also full of links to other wonderful reads and essays and books, as well.

Posting to this older pinned thread to perhaps be helpful to share with others here that may be newly-widowed and even insightful to others, like me, to read in reflection who are further out.  Each of our individual healing and growth journeys are so unique and personal - but there are common threads that connect us all.

If you do sit back and read it through, would love to hear and discuss your thoughts or reflections on the piece.

Warm wishes.

Sirin:
"Reaper Man" by Terry Pratchett - a fantasy novel about the Grim Reaper, humorous/kind/philosophical, made me feel really good.

Toosoon2.0:
Thought I'd try reviving this thread.  What's your favorite "wid lit"?  Mine are (in this order; the first two are memoirs and the third a novel):

Elizabeth Alexander, The Light of the World

Joan Didion, The Year of Magical Thinking

and

Colm Toibin, Nora Webster

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version