Encouragement > Books, Quotes, Poems, and Songs

Books - Resource and Good Reads

<< < (2/3) > >>

Justin:
I haven't read any of these, but this list appeared in Brain Pickings. I would like to read a couple of these for myself:

Consolation for Life?s Darkest Hours: 7 Unusual and Wonderful Books that Help Children Grieve and Make Sense of Death

http://www.brainpickings.org/2015/03/23/best-childrens-books-death-grief-mourning/?mc_cid=bb97b591d0&mc_eid=48d09ea0ed

TooSoon:
My Father's Arms Are a Boat (it appears on the brain pickings list) is absolutely beautiful, imo; one of my forever favorites.

JacklessSally:
I can't stop crying Grief and Recovery, A compassionate guide. by John D. Martin & Frank D Ferris

DansSoulmate:
Although I wouldn't necessarily say I'm religious, several months ago one of dan's customers asked if it was alright if he sent me a book. He thought it might help me, so I agreed. What he sent me was "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young and it's just daily pieces to consider..some have been spot on for what I was feeling that day.  I've made it a daily routine, first thing in the morning and it does give me peace.

linda5:
Dan's Soulmate, My boss gave me "Jesus Calling."  He gave it to me about one year before my husband died suddenly.  Read what it says on March 24th, the day God called my husband home.  God told me right there that I was going to lose someone I love, and give them to God.  That book has been spot on for me too!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version