Author Topic: Step parenting and the difficult ex  (Read 1336 times)

Forgottenwife

Re: Step parenting and the difficult ex
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2017, 11:52:12 AM »
  Last night she sent over 2 slices of white bread with the crust cut off and a single serving jar of jelly for the complicated jelly sandwich she thinks I can't handle. 

Old colleague of mine...this really cracked me up! 

Maureen

Wow... This is literally the craziest thing, it cracked me up too! I don't even know what to say!

Bunny

• widowed 2012
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2017, 03:22:29 PM »
  Last night she sent over 2 slices of white bread with the crust cut off and a single serving jar of jelly for the complicated jelly sandwich she thinks I can't handle. 

Old colleague of mine...this really cracked me up! 

Maureen

Wow... This is literally the craziest thing, it cracked me up too! I don't even know what to say!

Actually, that part kinda broke my heart a little. It's obvious she's feeling a need for control and a need to feel like her mothering IS very necessary and important in her children's lives. I dunno, perhaps your longer experience with mothering is intimidating. Perhaps she's just generally an extra anxious kinda person.

I feel for you, I do. But man...she is really struggling with some emotional stuff, don't you think? If she's kind to you in person, try to concentrate on that and let the crazy parts roll off you as best you can
It is a fearful thing to love what Death can touch.

Trying

• aka MissingmyTim
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2017, 04:49:15 PM »
So difficult ex issues aside, had a beautiful step mom moment today when 6 year old came home from school and gave me a hand written Mother's Day card saying "I love you because you take me on hikes".  I am so grateful these 2 little boys have been so happy and well adjusted with our engagement and moving in together.  My 13 year old has also adjusted really well and we had great weekend with finances family and he was part of the "cousins" picture.

I am going to work on focusing on these big positives because life is short and family is precious.
You will forever be my always.