Author Topic: Radio Hell - Ninth Level  (Read 3716 times)

Michael797

Re: Radio Hell - Ninth Level
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2017, 09:02:10 AM »
Now we're rolling! Let's do some VIEWER MAIL.

(G)
Before you depart, could you fill out an absentee ballot or 2 or 99?
We need more flaming liberal votes in these parts.
Thanks

Bud's best friend's parents are both Russian Muslim doctors. I met them on Saturday; with tears rolling down their faces, they told me how Bud used to play with their autistic son. Nobody blew up the church on Saturday; maybe you can't fit a bomb in a tailored suit or something.

I'll do you one better, QV. I'll change my voting status to "Van full of illegal Muslim transgender Freedom Caucus supporters who don't have health care." That should keep 'em guessing, eh?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 10:44:15 AM by Michael797 »

sojourner

« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2017, 09:05:37 AM »
Michael797, I am so, so sorry for your new loss! Beyond mind-boggling. :'(

Michael797

« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2017, 09:09:29 AM »
By tradition the food cant leave the house  unless its going to another house in mourning (except for charitable donation )  so after a week the house looks like the sorcerers apprentice went beserk at a bakery.
So- any favorite you'd limlike e to see featured? (Stick to soft favorites- me and the rest of the guests would like to be very old with failing teeth when this shindig goes down)

Approved on many levels. A field trip sorta sounds nice, weather permitting. I'll trust you with texture choices as I'll be through with chewing.

Better yet, maybe we can make it a costume party. If you show up dressed as a Hasidic Rebbe, I'll push to get you a seat next to the Big G when it's your turn.

Michael797

« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2017, 09:13:14 AM »
Michael797, I am so, so sorry for your new loss! Beyond mind-boggling. :'(

Mind-boggling indeed. As you can see, I'm now a babbling idiot. I feel your pain and can tell that you feel mine. Truly sorry about that.

Michael797

« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2017, 09:29:58 AM »
So it's really, really hard to find anything to say that's not a) painfully repetitive, b) clich├ęd and deserving of being throat-punched, or c) downright offensive. Doesn't leave too many options, frankly. 

You already know where I'm going to go next, don't you?

Today's sermon is about stupidity. In the aftermath of Bud's passing, all sorts of issues that everybody's been dragging around for so long are being resolved. I've resolved decades-old crap with my family. People that have rained shit on me for my entire life are being stood up to. Bud's mom has told me that everything she thought she knew seems wrong now (not that it was), and she's reinventing herself. All this great and powerful stuff is being wiped away, presumably for once and for all. Sounds good, right?

Nope, it's incredibly fucking stupid. We didn't all become demigods all of a sudden; we didn't inherit magical powers from a spider bite. We're still just human - which means we could've fixed all of this crap all along. It didn't take a tragedy of biblical proportions to make our lives better; we could've just clicked our heels together and dealt with stuff.

I propose a new gospel - where everyone learns to go forth and fix their shit before they have to. It could change the course of destinies and save you boatloads of regret if something really mind-boggling happens.

Just throwing it out there.

Michael797

« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2017, 10:01:49 AM »
This just in - a vote has been cast for A) Free Bird. Here in Pennsylvania (or what I like to call "North Arkansas"), that song has been played at more funerals than "Amazing Grace." Go check it out on YouTube. Or don't.

Monique

« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2017, 12:03:09 PM »
I second the vote for Free Bird. Even though (or maybe because) it makes me cry now.

So sorry for your loss(es) Michael.
Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while." --The Princess Bride

Michael797

« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2017, 12:09:04 PM »
Sorry for yours as well, Monique. Playing Free Bird right now just for you. You don't have to listen; we'll play it real quietly.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 12:11:51 PM by Michael797 »

MeAndTheKids

« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2017, 02:41:38 PM »
Ditch Lynard Skynard and go with Claptons- Tears in Heaven;  a real 3-tissue box song

MissingSquish

• widowed 5/20/12
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2017, 05:29:58 PM »
This just in - a vote has been cast for A) Free Bird. Here in Pennsylvania (or what I like to call "North Arkansas"), that song has been played at more funerals than "Amazing Grace." Go check it out on YouTube. Or don't.

I prefer "Free Falling". But you need to sing the lyrics like this:

"Free BALLING".  As in you're going commando.

No, that's not a typo. Carry on. Sorry to interject with my ridiculous humor.
Gone but not forgotten.....my Squish.

Miss you forever baby girl, my Pru!

BrokenHeart2

• Widowed 2013
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2017, 06:05:24 PM »
OMG that's hillarious MS.  Michael, are you up for it? OK now we are out there.  MS started it!
I don't want it to be his legacy that his death destroyed me.
I need to honour his life by rebuilding my life.

Jen

• Global Moderator
  • Jim: 7 April 1974-10 April 2014
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2017, 06:16:06 PM »
Here in Pennsylvania (or what I like to call "North Arkansas"), that song has been played at more funerals than "Amazing Grace."

I would like to humbly suggest you go with "North Alabama" instead. We do have some semblance of civilization out here-- theatre and art and radio stations that play something other than all Lynard Skynard, all the time. Just sayin.
I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other. ~Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

"Dying is easy. Living is hard. ~George Washington, Hamilton

Michael797

« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2017, 09:21:11 PM »
It's HELL, we have to offend somebody! Ok, not you. Let's go with "Hell West" or something like that.

To be honest, I'm having trouble listening to any music right now. Carry on.

Wheelerswife

• Widowed x 2.
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2017, 09:29:25 PM »
Who can listen to music when this country is such a mess?  When one of a list of things keeps going wrong?  When dear people die on us?  I try to listen...then shut down.

Xoxo

Maureen
Life is short.  Love with all you've got. 

Barry 11/29/55-9/22/09       John  1/16/57-1/11/14

Empathy  Developer  Responsibility  Adaptability Connectedness

Jen

• Global Moderator
  • Jim: 7 April 1974-10 April 2014
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2017, 09:30:43 PM »
Weirdly enough, I keep humming selections from Sideshow. Maybe because being in hell makes me feel like a freak?
I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other. ~Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

"Dying is easy. Living is hard. ~George Washington, Hamilton