Socializing > Relationships/Remarriage

PDA??? how comfortable are you?

(1/5) > >>

klim:
PDA public displays of affection.....how comfortable are you??

I am on a different part of the scale then my boyfriend and it makes it awkward some times.....

if very comfortable is 1 and highly uncomfortable is 5 where do you fit
for me it would go like this( when I first wrote this I wrote my numbers opposite from what i meant ....so real rating in brackets}

walking holding hands                               5    [1]
walking arm around shoulder or waist         4    [2]
peck on the cheek or lips                            3.5 [2.5]
staring into each others eyes                       2   [4]
really kissing                                              1   [5]
Sitting on their lap or vice versa                   0.5

I'm like this whether I think someone can see or not...... in otherwords if I were in the back row of a movie those numbers wouldn't change.

arneal:
Great question, klim. Prior to NG, I was all about the don't-touch-me's LOL! NG is quite affectionate in general so I've come to appreciate the attention over this past year. Maybe it's age (I am 48 and he's 52) but I've never done the lap sitter thing (at least in this context -- okay, that might have been too much information  :P). Just not a thing. For the other items on the 1 to 5 scale, I guess we fall like this [UPDATE- I didn't read directions ... revised to 1 = most comfortable and 5 = least comfortable]:

walking holding hands                               1
walking arm around shoulder or waist         2
peck on the cheek or lips                            2
staring into each others eyes                       3
really kissing                                              2

We pretty much always hold hands, like if we are walking up to the movies. About half the time NG will walk and put his arm around me and I reciprocate. We kiss in public, like if he's leaving my house or I'm leaving his, we'll do so at the car; sometimes it's a bit more real than others so I gave that one a 2, but I am not going to go to town like if we were in a private space lol. I think we are both comfy staring into each other's eyes when we talk but to just sit there and do so, not so much, but we're both introverts too so there's that.

tybec:

One being most comfortable and 5 being least comfortable.

walking holding hands                               1
walking arm around shoulder or waist          2
peck on the cheek or lips                           1
staring into each others eyes                      2
really kissing                                           3
Sitting on their lap or vice versa                 4 (PDA after all)

TooSoon:
I forget when it was exactly, but I remember having this realization at some point in the last few years that Andy and I hold hands all the time.  It made me and makes me so happy.  Sometimes, when we're all together, and because my daughter hasn't yet decided holding your parents' hands is a brand of uncoolness, all three of us hold hands.  I swear it gives me faith in the universe!  I could take or leave the rest of it, but we've been known to do some weird and probably very awkward looking middle aged dancing/kissing at gigs.  I'm mortally embarrassed by this behavior after the fact, but last summer we met a group of 20 somethings at a concert who told us, having witnessed the spectacle, "We hope we're as fun as you are when we are old like you!"  Oh dear. 

daysofelijah:
walking holding hands  1, no problem and do it often
walking arm around shoulder or waist I don't like to do this, nothing to do with PDA, just always feels awkward to me, prolly cuz I'm short
peck on the cheek or lips    1, no problem and do it often
staring into each others eyes  Eh, probably 1, but again not something I do, I'm old, not a lovestruck teenager, lol
really kissing      5, not appropriate in public imo                                      
Sitting on their lap or vice versa 5, For a second just to be silly is fine, but actually for a long time, no, not appropriate

NG is a lot more comfortable with PDA than I am. I don't mind hand holding, short kisses and hugs or sitting with his arm around me, but that's about it in public. He wanted to give me a shoulder rub standing behind me once when we were at the county fair and it just felt weird, too intimate for public for me.

It took me a while to get just used to snuggling in front of the kids, and laying on the couch next to each other, etc, like if we are all watching a movie together in the living room or something like that. But I'm okay with that now, in the confines of one of our houses. NG says it's good for kids to see what a good, healthy relationship looks like.

Uh, but in the back row of a movie theater let's just say we do not follow my rules of PDA. NG gets way too frisky in movie theaters for some reason, that's all I'm going to say about that  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version