Author Topic: Article on young widower parent.  (Read 679 times)

adp

Article on young widower parent.
« on: May 20, 2017, 08:02:29 AM »
This is a tough but very beautiful and honest read on being widowed and becoming a parent in the space of one week. I so admire his honesty in admitting that "But in the first year she [his daughter] was still a stranger in my life, and I experienced her as a punishment. She had sentenced me to a continuation of my life. I am ashamed to admit it."

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/may/20/her-needs-first-becoming-father-widower-in-week

trying2breathe

• Widowed August 2013
Re: Article on young widower parent.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 05:24:22 PM »
Poignant and sad, thank you for sharing.  This reminds me of a young teacher at my kids' school who died suddenly right after having a baby.  It was shocking, almost too much to imagine.  I always wondered what happened to the father, left to manage on his own.  So very sad -
Have I told you lately how much I love you?

Christopher

• I came, I saw, I tried... I left.
Re: Article on young widower parent.
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 12:27:07 AM »
Poignant and sad, thank you for sharing.  This reminds me of a young teacher at my kids' school who died suddenly right after having a baby.  It was shocking, almost too much to imagine.  I always wondered what happened to the father, left to manage on his own.  So very sad -

The most common thing is that they cannot find a good woman. Not even one.

Now if a good woman happened to find them... ;)