Author Topic: Article on young widower parent.  (Read 1130 times)

adp

Article on young widower parent.
« on: May 20, 2017, 08:02:29 AM »
This is a tough but very beautiful and honest read on being widowed and becoming a parent in the space of one week. I so admire his honesty in admitting that "But in the first year she [his daughter] was still a stranger in my life, and I experienced her as a punishment. She had sentenced me to a continuation of my life. I am ashamed to admit it."

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/may/20/her-needs-first-becoming-father-widower-in-week

trying2breathe

• Widowed August 2013
Re: Article on young widower parent.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 05:24:22 PM »
Poignant and sad, thank you for sharing.  This reminds me of a young teacher at my kids' school who died suddenly right after having a baby.  It was shocking, almost too much to imagine.  I always wondered what happened to the father, left to manage on his own.  So very sad -
Have I told you lately how much I love you?

Christopher

• I came, I saw, I tried... I left.
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 12:27:07 AM »
Poignant and sad, thank you for sharing.  This reminds me of a young teacher at my kids' school who died suddenly right after having a baby.  It was shocking, almost too much to imagine.  I always wondered what happened to the father, left to manage on his own.  So very sad -

The most common thing is that they cannot find a good woman. Not even one.

Now if a good woman happened to find them... ;)

Ursula

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 12:38:26 AM »
Thank you for sharing this. I cried my eyes out, so I am probably in the wrong section here... but when he describes how he archeologist- like wants to excavate all the things left behind by his wife...he killed me. I recently found a hair of my husband's in the bedding and it floored me completely. I was going to put it somewhere safe but then decided to just let it be blown away by the breeze..
Por que tu fuego a?n me quema, sin ti las noches son eternas,
tu aroma sigue aqu?, no me deja ir.. Por m?s que intente y quiera olvidarte, yo nunca lograre dejarte, cautivo de este amor sincero esclavo de tu voz.. Por que estoy am?ndote, so??ndose, aunque no est?s aqu?..
Y yo te esperare, amor aunque los a?os lleguen sin querer (Marc Anthony)