Poll

have you been to a bago?

yes
no
what is a bago?
I am planning to attend my 1st
I am a bago King/Queen

Author Topic: bago poll  (Read 5075 times)

Lisa

• Global Moderator
bago poll
« on: March 08, 2015, 11:17:32 PM »
Exercise your right to vote and help us figure out if we need to provide more info here.
Thanks
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 11:19:22 PM by LisaPop »
"All the waves must reach the shore before the water calms"-Ray ♡

littlebirdie

Re: bago poll
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 12:03:02 PM »
Nope. I live in a weird spot of the country at least an hour away from any bagos and I hate driving anywhere unfamiliar by myself because I have a terrible sense of direction and get lost at the drop of a hat.

lcoxwell

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 02:07:24 PM »
I would absolutely LOVE to attend a bago, but so far, all the ones I have seen have been far, far away from where I live.  I am thinking about trying to set one up sometime this Summer for Southern CA, if there is enough interest.  There is a strong likelihood that I will also be moving this Summer (heading closer to my New Guy), so I have to get that worked out, before I plan anything.
"The highest tribute to the dead is not grief but gratitude." - Thornton Wilder

Thank you, my dearest Kenneth, for loving me and for giving me the best 13 years of my life.

Chopperette

• JIC 52 Ruptured Brain Aneurysm 3/21/2013
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 03:14:52 PM »
When I was in Brooklyn in Sept., we had lunch with people from the board and others from a local meet up that weren't on the board. It was a very nice experience. I would love to do it in the future if I get to travel to the USA again.  :)

mokie

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 05:18:33 PM »
I attended many, many bagos in the first few years.  Many were local or within a few hours, several were plane-flights away.  Every one was valuable to me, but especially my first one, when I drove 3 hours and spent the whole weekend at a bed and breakfast with ladies I had only chatted with on the board.  I remember I told NO ONE what I was doing and where I was going, because I was sure my family would think I had lost my mind.  What a healing weekend!  I was about 7 months out, but had only been on the board a month and a half.  I am still friends with most of those ladies, and have gotten together with them at bagos many times since, and don't consider them my widda friends anymore... They are just really truly friends.
When you get the choice to sit it out or dance... I hope you dance!

singinmomo4

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 06:18:15 PM »
Well, technically, I'm a Bago Diva, but I guess Bago Queen would work too.   ;D
Rick, an amazing husband, father, fisherman & fisher of men with a servants heart who served God every day. ReRe, miss your smile & twinkle in your eye.

Lisa

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 06:20:44 PM »
Well, technically, I'm a Bago Diva, but I guess Bago Queen would work too.   ;D
oh you are but I  didnt like Divo for our men  ;)
"All the waves must reach the shore before the water calms"-Ray ♡

Kamcho

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2015, 09:02:04 PM »
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 11:44:03 AM by Kamcho »

RobFTC

• Lost Michelle to ovarian cancer 2010/11/07
    • Celtic Journeys radio show
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2015, 09:59:54 PM »
I hosted two successful and larger-than-expected Colorado bagos, in 2012 and 2014 (2013 was an oops).  This year, I am not sure anything will happen because prior interest seems to have evaporated.  I have drifted from the board some this past year, but I was still surprised to get so little response on ywbb.  Oh well.

Take care,
Rob T
There was something fishy about the butler.  I think he was a Pisces, probably working for scale.

Gabzmom

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 12:39:21 AM »
I am going to my first Bago!  NYC bound!
"I always knew looking back on my tears would bring me laughter, but I never knew looking back on my laughter would make me cry." ~Cat Stevens

MIK3

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2015, 09:43:54 PM »
I'm 7-? years out. My 1st bago was 7 years ago. Anyone who's recently widowed, I highly recommend attending a bago.  This is where you'll find mutual understanding and support.  The hardest part about your first bago is going back home and realizing there are actually people with whom you've been able to openly share how you feel; now you're returning home to hard reality.  It's not like a therapy session; it's real people who also desire contact with others who get what this new reality feels like.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 09:51:25 PM by MIK3 »
It's life's illusions I recall

Jen

• Global Moderator
  • Jim: 7 April 1974-10 April 2014
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2015, 07:29:14 AM »
I am going to my first Bago!  NYC bound!

Me too! One month from today-- woohoo!!!
I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other. ~Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

"Dying is easy. Living is hard. ~George Washington, Hamilton

Carey

• Widowed 11/23/13 Joined YWBB 12/2/13
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2015, 08:01:42 AM »
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to get the chance to go to one, but so far everything I've seen has been far away from me and I just don't have the money to travel/fly :(   To be sure I'm not the only widow in Eastern NC lol
I can't look at the stars they make me wonder where you are. 
Stars.... up on heaven's boulevard
And if I know you at all
I know you've gone too far
 So I .... I can't look at the stars --Grace Potter

hachi

• Widowed 7-6-2012 YWBB Joined 6-10-2013 Loc:NH
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2015, 09:36:53 AM »
I hosted two successful and larger-than-expected Colorado bagos, in 2012 and 2014 (2013 was an oops).  This year, I am not sure anything will happen because prior interest seems to have evaporated.  I have drifted from the board some this past year, but I was still surprised to get so little response on ywbb.  Oh well.

Take care,
Rob T

Don't give up Rob, maybe it should be an every other year thing. I so wanted to come last year, but just couldn't manage it. This year I am blowing ALL my vacation time on one trip. But next year, I would definitely love to make my way out to the happiest place in the US!

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.      ~ A. Einstein

Jen

• Global Moderator
  • Jim: 7 April 1974-10 April 2014
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2015, 10:53:35 AM »
Rob, I'm from CO-- well, lived there as a child (Westminster, Four Corners) and moved back for grad school (Go Buffs!). I'd love to do a CO bago, but I can't manage it this year. Don't give up, I want to go!
I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other. ~Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

"Dying is easy. Living is hard. ~George Washington, Hamilton