Author Topic: My stepson assaulted me  (Read 1494 times)

KrypticKat

Re: My stepson assaulted me
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2017, 11:18:28 AM »
Take pictures and catalogue all things that will legally belong to you one probate passes. Maybe have someone you trust around as often as possible. Not sure what else you can do. Sending hugs. Kk

Mrskro

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2017, 12:34:12 PM »
I would double check that he still has rights to come and go in the house.   If you and your late husband owned the house jointly you may have survivorship rights.

If that is not the case and your step son was willed a share in the house, I would move any personal possessions out right now, rent a short term storage unit if you must.   

Document everything, especially what he takes.

pms1954

• Regina "Pete" STeimer
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2017, 02:09:57 AM »
I'm sorry you have to go through this. Your step son seems to have a lot of resentment towards you that he has kept hidden until the assault. Maybe its been under the surface for along time. Don't disregard that. SAFETY first. Your husband wouldn't have wanted you to be hurt. It doesn't have to be all or nothing as far as charges go. Talk to the DA, ask for a restraining order to be issued for an extended period of time. Let him know you are worried about your step son, especially since he recently lost his dad. Ask if they can do a plea deal to a lesser charge if he agrees to get grief counseling and anger management. And possibly a stipulation that once he completes those, the charge could be expunged. And if you still want to have a relationship, offer to do some family counseling with him to help mend things.  That would probably be the biggest gift you could give to him.

Metv

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2017, 11:09:09 AM »
If you aren't (even yet), by will or probate, the owner, best to remove yourself until probate decides. If there are charges against him, one would assume there is s court date. Very hard to distinguish the legalities from what you wrote.