Author Topic: What Do You Share  (Read 1120 times)

Monique

Re: What Do You Share
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2017, 08:43:05 PM »
I'm trying to learn how to work it into conversations with new people... the phrase "late fiancé" just sounds so awkward though. I love talking about him, but the first time I tell someone is always so uncomfortable.
Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while." --The Princess Bride

KrypticKat

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2017, 09:45:45 AM »
My own siblings won't even talk about him.  I think they are afraid it will make me sad.  I have told some of them I want to talk about him but they still won't.  Weird if you ask me.

It could be they aren't dealing with the loss well themselves or it's just common backwards thinking from people not understanding grief. As if they could inflict more pain on you. And as if they could remind you as though you've forgotten.

Like you'd be at the grocery store going 'lets see...eggs, cheese, bread...oh crap my husband is dead. I totally forgot!'

You don't forget...ever. that's why it's kinda funny/sad they avoid it to avoid reminding you. My friends and family do the same.

BrokenHeart2

• Widowed 2013
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2017, 01:44:54 PM »
Thanks KK that was too good! LOL "cheese, bread...oh crap my husband is dead. I totally forgot!'"
Nothing more to add LOL
I don't want it to be his legacy that his death destroyed me.
I need to honour his life by rebuilding my life.