Author Topic: When did you stop wearing your ring?  (Read 1070 times)

Mac_Encheeze

Re: When did you stop wearing your ring?
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2017, 10:27:32 PM »
At work I am around rotating machinery, so I never wore mine. Very rarely did I ever in the almost 4 years we were married . I never wore it in case my hand got caught and the ring crushed around my finger.

Since May 31st, when I found my wife, I put mine on and haven't taken it off except to shower and wash my hands. I could've worn a Qalo ring but I was so used to not wearing one that I didn't want any. Plus I love my ring even though i almost never wore it.

So, I apologize. I don't have an answer for you. I'm 8/9 days in to this. But I don't ever plan on taking mine off until I'm ready.

Bereft

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2017, 10:04:09 PM »
I wear my rings... doesn't seem right not to.

I have his wedding band and the first piece of jewelry he gave me on a gold chain around my neck.  I find comfort knowing that ring around my neck was his pride and joy on his finger for so many years.

Monique

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2017, 11:04:21 PM »
My ring was a gift from Sam's mother and doesn't look like a traditional engagement ring. I'm at about 3 months and still wearing it. I don't intend to stop. I can't wear it at work, but I just move it onto my necklace until the end of my shift. We weren't yet married when he died, but I do have my wedding ring as well. I wear it occasionally, but mostly I stick to the engagement ring.
Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while." --The Princess Bride

Mishka3086

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2017, 12:52:02 AM »
My husband never got his band... But I love and cherish my ring so much!! I have gotten a few comments about it and it really bothered me that someone would have the nerve to question that! The fact that it made me question myself bothers me more... This is such a difficult and confusing process. I feel so lost. The only thing I'm sure of is my love for him and my love for my kids and those who have remained close to me during such horrible times. I don't feel like myself. I am really struggling. I bought a chain to wear my ring on but I will keep my ring on my finger where it belongs as long as I feel like it. I have not stopped being his wife and in my heart I never will.
Thanks to everyone who has commented. I pray we all find comfort and peace through this process...