Author Topic: I've given up  (Read 501 times)

still_lost

I've given up
« on: June 15, 2017, 12:37:32 PM »
8 years have passed and not much has changed. I've dated and had a relationship, but things didn't work out in the end. I'm not happy with my job living situation, etc., and I don't have many friends to vent to. I care for my child every day, go to work, and then come home and do the necessary chores. My only comfort is spending time with my son who gives me a reason to get up every day. I can't begin to fix my life, I don't know where to start. I've given up on people and the hope that this will get better. It seems to have only gotten worse the more time goes by.

Metv

Re: I've given up
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 01:02:24 PM »
You've raised a child, learned to be independent (sometimes think it's all to necessary), and made it this far. It's really a strange phenomena to me that the people you (we) felt the closet to before widowing, are the ones farthest removed now. Hoping you'll find a way to peace. It shouldn't be this hard ?
A very sincere hope for you.

Trying

• aka MissingmyTim
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 02:49:40 PM »
Raising a child on your own and being the sole person responsible for everything is exhausting.  Please don't give up, even if you only find a few minutes, do something that brings you joy.  You deserve happiness.  The lost friends thing is a part of this that no one warns about.
You will forever be my always.

BrokenHeart2

• Widowed 2013
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 02:57:48 PM »
SL I'm so sorry you're having a rough go of it.  Can you find something for you and your son to do that is enjoyable and relaxing?  I can't imagine how tough it would be to raise a child in widowhood but pat yourself on the back, you're doing it!
Hugs to you
I don't want it to be his legacy that his death destroyed me.
I need to honour his life by rebuilding my life.

Mrskro

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 05:56:23 PM »
SL, 

I hear you.
  I'm not as far out, coming up on three years, and I haven't even tried to have a relationship but my life is work(I'm going to high jack your thread for a sec.  I work for a man child, micro-managing idiot and quit for 2 blessed wonderful days last week until everyone I work with made me come back), kids, everyday life chores, sleep.   Repeat.   I feel like I'm existing and not living.   

But I know, at the very least I can come here and vent, to people that get it.  People generally suck is my new life motto, but I know there are people that unfortunately get it.   

One of the strangest things about widowhood, is the people I thought would be here and aren't.   But there's a couple I didn't expect to be that are.   

Hugs to you.   

still_lost

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 09:06:26 AM »
I'm just so tired physically and emotionally. I wasn't supposed to be doing this alone.

Julester3

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 10:53:45 AM »
Hugs. I feel this many times a day and moreso on a day like Friday, today, when the week has really taken a toll on me.

Missing AC

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2017, 02:04:59 PM »
I'm just so tired physically and emotionally. I wasn't supposed to be doing this alone.

I'm with you 100% on this.  It wasn't supposed to be this way.

Hugs