Author Topic: Saying Goodbye - Last Words  (Read 6300 times)

keeptrying

Re: Saying Goodbye - Last Words
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2015, 11:37:38 AM »
He put his forehead against mine and said, "there is no me without you".

Carey

• Widowed 11/23/13 Joined YWBB 12/2/13
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2015, 03:02:13 PM »
Oh.........KT :(   achingly sad but oh so sweet.
I can't look at the stars they make me wonder where you are. 
Stars.... up on heaven's boulevard
And if I know you at all
I know you've gone too far
 So I .... I can't look at the stars --Grace Potter

MissingSquish

• widowed 5/20/12
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2015, 08:26:55 PM »
I honestly can't remember everything that Squish said during our last conversation. I do remember that some of his last words were "I love you, K".

It's been bothering me for the past week or so.  I think it's gone out of my memory.  I think I might have posted it on ywbb, but I didn't go back and comb through my posts before it shut down.

Oh well.
Gone but not forgotten.....my Squish.

Miss you forever baby girl, my Pru!

BrokenHeart2

• Widowed 2013
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2015, 10:27:57 PM »
I have absolutely no idea why my post if our last words is gone. WTF?
I don't want it to be his legacy that his death destroyed me.
I need to honour his life by rebuilding my life.

Munsen

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2015, 07:37:31 PM »
Not really...I mean we'd talked the night before but it had been a short conversation as he'd had a long day and was really tired so we just said our usual, 'Love you, talk to you tomorrow'...only in our case, that tomorrow talk never came.

I do remember one other comment from that night's conversation that has always stuck in my mind, I had given him the latest news on a young woman we knew and told him that she'd passed that day from her cancer and he said, "That's awful. No one should have to bury a loved one just before Christmas!"  Later, his comment just seemed odd as that was exactly what me & our kids had to do for him.

I also wish we could have had a last conversation saying goodbye to each other (and knowing it was a final goodbye) and that I could have held his hand doing so but he died alone and far from home and all who loved him. Just seemed so wrong and unnatural somehow.

So many things we all wish we could change I guess.  But since we can't change any of it, I guess the 'trick' is learning how to live with the unfinished business of no goodbyes.  :(

(((Hugs to all)))

messageinabottle

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2015, 07:58:31 PM »
I really do not remember what his last words were to me.   We were getting ready for church and he put the baby to nap.   Then got up and said I am going to take a shower.   He collapsed in the bathroom and died.  So I guess those were his last words.
I do remember being alone with him after he died in the ER room.    I was pregnant and thinking this can't be real.   
I kissed him and said thank you for loving me.   I felt like he was there (not in his body) but above me.  I can't explain that feeling but watching.   

Frederick

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2015, 08:58:32 PM »
I was about to leave his hospital room; his mom had come to spend the night and I was going to go home to gather some things and cancel the home care services at our house since he was going to be discharged into hospice care at her house. I hugged and kissed him and said, "I love you."  His voice was a raspy whisper, "Love you too." That was the last thing I heard him say; he lost the ability to speak shortly after that. He was with us another few days and unfortunately I don't remember the last thing I said to him.

smabify

• Widowed May 11, 2012
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2015, 02:21:28 PM »
"I want to go home. I'm so tired. Name her Leanne. "

He asked permission, and settled on our daughters name. She was born 10 weeks later.
Life's tough.  Get a helmet

BentNOTbroken

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2015, 03:30:12 PM »
I do not remember the last words my wife said to me. What I do remember was the last words she spoke while holding our 5 hours old babies' hand: "I love you". I was taking a picture of the moment for our daughter so I was on the other side of the room when it happened. I miss that girl......

maddalena

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2015, 06:25:33 PM »
there was a lot of confusion before he went unconscious, but his final text to me was "i can always text you" and our final conversation was "happy anniversary" from him and me responding, "will you be my valentine" and his response was "yes" and a hug. He was so shaky it scared me. Who knew.

Wheelerswife

• Widowed x 2.
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2015, 07:05:54 PM »
My final conversation with John was over Facetime, as we were 1600 miles apart.  We reviewed our day.  I asked him to pull his hair out of his pony tail because I wanted to imagine running my fingers through his hair.  He obliged me.  We talked about having to sleep alone again, but that I would be home in 5 days. We made plans to talk in the morning, exchanged kisses and I love you's, and said goodnight.  He died a couple of hours later in his sleep.  I still replay that conversation in my head.

Maureen

Life is short.  Love with all you've got. 

Barry 11/29/55-9/22/09       John  1/16/57-1/11/14

Empathy  Developer  Responsibility  Adaptability Connectedness

Wife of Tomasz

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2018, 04:53:56 PM »
I think this is a great topic so I want to add my story.
I do not remember the last words. Actually the last thing he said was in polish and I do not speak it so I did not understand. I will always wonder what it was that he said. That night he had a bit to drink and he was always very mooshy when inebriated. He said so many wonderful things to me, how he couldn't wait for me to get home from work everyday, how much he loved me, and things like that. The thing he said that I remember most often these days is this "I will never leave you". He had never said that to me before. At first those words haunted me, but now I find a lot of comfort in them.